Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      yes , just got check today, think I have found a new platform to rebuild on, lost will move over with screws and bolts. All 3 in car uninjured when rear ended @ about 40mph. Frame connectors save Lives !! But impact from rear literally bent the subrame.

Country Flag: United States
      A 235 front tire is skinny and not a good match if your rear tires are 275's. You will have understeer problems that you won't be able to tune out. Ideal front tire size is equal to the rear or one size smaller. Any more difference than that is trouble. The first gen's really need an aftermarket sub to fit a proper tire up front. The rack and pinion steering really isn't a benefit in some ways. They have less lash but are slower ratio and are not as reliable as a box. They do save weight.

You probably don't have any steering stops on your A arms or they are not in the stock position.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Country Flag: United States
      Agree with the comments about 275's front and read, but speaking from much experience in this area, they are very, very tight on a '67-8. The fronts will need a lot of negative camber when using a stock subframe, and the rears require the outer lips rolled at a minimum.

From a rim fitment standpoint, I'm running a 18 x 9.5x 5-3/5" 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on all four corners. There is occasional rubbing but it's minor, and the lock-to-lock on the front is limited by the tire hitting the subframe.
      Last edited by CarlC; 06-13-2019 at 01:08 PM.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Thanks for the info. I am rolling 265 40 r18 on the rear, and so far my experience on auto x track has been limiting my competition class far more than my car. And I'll gladly place last for some time with a wide grin , 'cause it is damn fun !! But I do not like wasting time and money, So , maybe a tru-turn upgrade on the new frame will be a good prep until I can ditch all my wheels to fit a wider tire on front, ( current wheels are no longer in production, and fronts are only 8" ) The aftermarket sub is what I want to do, but pennies on the dollar sale of my current config is more than my $50k build budget can choke down this time around, hense my desire for a bare frame that will accept them.

hmm Maybe i can fit 255x35 18 on my current 8" fronts to match up to 265x40r18 on Rear

David,
      I have decided on modifying a new stock subframe, and would appreciate your input if I should do anything more, or differently.
      New AMD sub - getting Plan "B" G-mod, fully weld seams, notch frame for tire width ( I will up to 255 width), Replace center cross support with 1/4" plate, and add Screamin' Performance jack plate ( the tie down points are indispensable )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com