Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Bump stops 67 Camaro Alston 4 link and Alston shocks

I've been doing a lot of searching and really can't find an answer so here is my question. I've been working on fine tuning the rear suspension on this car and I'm down to bump stops. These shocks have a 1 inch bump stop around the shock shaft. Are these bump stop sufficient to avoid shock damage from bottoming or do I also need a stock type bump stop between the axle and the frame rails? Thanks in advance for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by sticknstring View Post
      I've been doing a lot of searching and really can't find an answer so here is my question. I've been working on fine tuning the rear suspension on this car and I'm down to bump stops. These shocks have a 1 inch bump stop around the shock shaft. Are these bump stop sufficient to avoid shock damage from bottoming or do I also need a stock type bump stop between the axle and the frame rails? Thanks in advance for your input!
      Does anyone have any input?

I have that system installed in my Camaro. We did not add axle bump stops and have no trouble in 2-3 years street driving.

We have double adjustable Alston shocks front and rear and have been very happy with the settings we received from Mark Savitske. I can dig them up and froward if you like. Matt

Quote Originally Posted by btmatt View Post
      I have that system installed in my Camaro. We did not add axle bump stops and have no trouble in 2-3 years street driving.

We have double adjustable Alston shocks front and rear and have been very happy with the settings we received from Mark Savitske. I can dig them up and froward if you like. Matt
      That would be great, I would love to have the settings. Thank you! So you are only using the bump stops on the shock shaft?