Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New camaro seats in Chevelle

Hey guys I’m new to site. Wanna do the new camaro ss seats in my 1971 Chevelle. Anyone ever done this? If so how do they sit. Don’t want anything to sit too high. And how does back seats fit? Can u lower the seat in front to make it sit lower. Post pics if u can. Or any info will work. Thank u

I expect the seat rails will be too wide to sit on the floorboard. I had to narrow some rails out of a modern car, it was not a Camaro though.

Country Flag: Canada
      A bunch of guys have used 04-06 gto seats . They can sit high with the power seat base which can be modified or the original floor modified. The gto seats also are just taller in general , I've seen guys remove the head rests just so the proportion doesnt look off . I know you have Camaro seats but maybe a search of gto seats in a chevelle could possibly help with some questions
      Good luck
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      I would find a buddy (or use Turo) to take some measurements of the seat. Best if a buddy can measure your head height while sitting int he seat. Sit at that height in your chevelle and 1) ensure your eyeline isn't too high into the roof, and 2) that you have clearance when you wear a helmet.

Also, be aware of the communication that the seats use. I'm not familiar at all with how the camaro seats are wired up, but I bought a set of '05 M5 seats, and a request to recline the seats(or any motion) sends out a Canbus signal to the BCM, then the BCM responds back through the kbus and says, "sure, go ahead and recline". I was not anticipating this level of sophistication when I got them. I know GM also uses Canbus now, as well as their GM-Lan system, so just be aware if you need to take the BCM with you, or perhaps just find some manual seats. Hope this helps.

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Country Flag: United States
      Lots have done it. Do some more searching. Here's this - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-70-chevelle

Also, someone (the shop llc?) used to make filler panels between the rear seat and the interior quarter panel as the Gen 5 camaro seat is pretty narrow.
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

I would like to find a friend (or use Turo) to take some seat measurements. It is better if a friend can measure the height of his head while sitting on the seat. Sit at that height on your chevelle and 1) make sure that your line of sight is not too high on the roof, and 2) have free space when wearing a helmet.

Also, keep in mind the communication that the seats use. I am not at all familiar with the way the Camaro seats are wired, but I bought a set of '05 M5 seats, and a request to recline the seats (or any movement) sends a Canbus signal to the BCM, then the BCM responds again through the kbus and says: "sure, go ahead and reclinate". I was not anticipating this level of sophistication when I got them. I know that GM also uses Canbus now, as well as its GM-Lan system, so keep in mind if you need to take the BCM with you, or maybe just find some manual seats mostly used by orlando limo company. I hope this helps.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com