Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      For low cost effective rear suspension, I find adding an adjustable height rear pan hard bar to be very effective. I have one on my car, and have installed them on several other cars. The ones that autocross have found that adjusting the height, which is the roll center height, is very effective on controlling rear grip with varying surfaces. I have found for example, that in San Diego, I like my pan hard bar a bit higher than I like it at Fontana. Now, this is my biggest issue with a lot of the aftermarket suspensions, They do not have adjustable rear roll centers. I race against a lot of these suspensions and they do really well. I have modified a Detroit speed quadra link pan hard bar to be height adjustable. This made a dramatic change for the better on this cars over steering issues. Leaf springs are not ideal, after all they are horse and buggy technology. They can work well but never like a link/coil over. If you pan hard bar leaf springs, you need to either use rubber bushings or swivel bushings. Polyurethane, delrin, and aluminum are all to stiff and will cause excessive bind. For budget road handling suspension, I personally would do the pan hard bar, some lowering leafsprings, probably composite ones from Flex Form, and some single adjustable shocks from ridetech.

71 maverick.
      71 comet in build process.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com