Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS3 Cruise & Connect for 68 Chevelle

I have purchased an LS3-525 cruise and connect kit that came with 4L75E transmission for my Chevelle. I started laying out the transmission harness and I'm finding I have WAAAAAY to much wire in the harness. I'm curious to learn from others where you installed your PCM and if you left the harness coiled up and hid it, or, cut the harness apart and shorten the wires. And while I'm asking, did you have the same issues with the engine PCM and harness?

Thanks in advance!!
      Perry

Country Flag: Canada
      I put mine in the glove box, 67 camaro, vintage air as wellName:  1562966557190.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  84.7 KB

In my 68 cutlass convertible, I mounted the trans controller and engine computer under the fender behind the passenger side headlight. Just outboard of where the battery would be on some cars (I put my battery on the drivers side. The air intake goes to the passenger side where the battery formerly was). the extra wire is coiled out of site in this area, there wasn't much. I fabricated a small shelf for the front of the passenger wheel well to hold the fuse box.

Thanks for the insight. This is where I have finally decided to install mine. I will tuck the extra wire from the harness up inside that void space above the wheel tub.

Perry
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      I wouldn't shorten an already built harness, because that introduces a lot of potential failure points.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Agreed. Plan is to leave it alone.

Perry

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com