Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

5th gen camaro brakes on a 2nd gen camaro ???

Anybody use 5th gen camaro brakes on a 2nd gen camaro yet ? I am going to be running 18 inch front wheels .
      OK ...after More Research & Talkin to Tobin @ Kore3 this is not e Deal so ...Back to a Wilwood kit I guess .

There is no off the shelf solution for a front caliper bracket. Fly n bye makes a rear caliper bracket. I have seen people use an afx spindle and weld and re drill the caliper mounting holes.
      Stephen

If you haven't bought something from Kore3 or Wilwood... I have prototype front caliper brackets for 5th Gen Camaro brakes... they are cad designed and waterjet cut from 5/8 6061-t6 aluminum. and you would also have to have the factory rotors re-drilled for the bolt pattern.. which I can do

here is a set on my 70 Chevelle...

Last edited by ChevelleNV; 02-23-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      If you haven't bought something from Kore3 or Wilwood... I have prototype front caliper brackets for 5th Gen Camaro brakes... they are cad designed and waterjet cut from 5/8 6061-t6 aluminum. and you would also have to have the factory rotors re-drilled for the bolt pattern.. which I can do

here is a set on my 70 Chevelle...

Greg, do you still have brackets available? If so, do they work with 6 piston zl1 calipers only or will they also work with the standard 4 piston calipers?

I still have brackets... I do not believe they will fit the 4 piston caliper, its my understanding the 4 piston uses a smaller rotor.... until I get my hands on a 4 piston caliper and rotor and can check placement. I will have to say no
      Last edited by ChevelleNV; 05-30-2015 at 03:21 PM.

I still have brackets... I do not believe they will fit the 4 piston caliper, its my understanding the 4 piston uses a smaller rotor.... until I get my hands on a 4 piston caliper and rotor and can check placement. I will have to say no
      You know the more i think about it... the more I am thinking they do fit. because you can buy the ZL1 brakes and upgrade your Camaro... so my thinking is the mounting holes on the car would have to accommodate both sets... hmmm... I might have to buy a set and see..

I made a thread for this swap https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ghlight=camaro if you contact Scott from bigbrakeupgrade.com he'll hook you up. He's a super nice guy and his prices are fair. He makes the front and rear kit so you'll be set.
      Ahmad B.

You know the more i think about it... the more I am thinking they do fit. because you can buy the ZL1 brakes and upgrade your Camaro... so my thinking is the mounting holes on the car would have to accommodate both sets... hmmm... I might have to buy a set and see..
      From my reading on the camaro sites I think you're right. I actually already have a set of 4 piston ctsv calipers I was going to use on another project I could use to verify. However I noticed you are using 2" drop spindles. I am using stock spindles on my goat. Do you know if your adapter flange would work on a stock spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by orbital1970goat View Post
      From my reading on the camaro sites I think you're right. I actually already have a set of 4 piston ctsv calipers I was going to use on another project I could use to verify. However I noticed you are using 2" drop spindles. I am using stock spindles on my goat. Do you know if your adapter flange would work on a stock spindle?
      Yes, you just have to use longer bolts.... its uses the same 3 bolts on the spindle.. top hole and the 2 holes that hold the steering arm

Bad pictures but here are my 5th gen brakes on my 79 Camaro. Inside a 17in wheel 13.5in rotor.

Name:  image1 (4).jpeg
Views: 3339
Size:  113.0 KB

Name:  image2 (3).jpeg
Views: 3373
Size:  97.0 KB

Old thread but looking for more companies that build a kit for this 4piston caliper setup on the 2nt gen

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com