Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Connect and Cruise or build?

So with so many packages out there that advertise connect and cruise what are the advantages disadvantages of going this way vs building your own. Guess what I’m asking is if you sourced all of the parts to build a motor and tranny the way you wanted tune it get the computer harness to be programmed the right way how much money would you be saving if you did it yourself compared with buying one of these packages which come with a warranty. Any thing you would be missing with one of these connect and cruise packages or is it all pretty much covered?

I chose to piece mine together rather than connect and cruise for a number of reasons. I'm still not sure if price is really a differing factor.
      The connect and cruise will still require all of the front accessories ($2-3k), most likely a new oil pan, mounts etc. I also wanted to pump my LS3 up internally, so I figured by the time I'd swapped in all of the parts I wanted I was better off buying a low mile used engine and replacing everything.

Connect and cruise is turn key. Only thing you might need would be a different pan. Accessory drive comes with the package. Easiest way to do a swap if you don't want to hassle with rounding up parts from all over. I done a few. Everything is in the box. Even has a decent startup tune.....would purchase another without hesitation. Have to really watch these days, whole lot of scammers out there selling defective parts...

T,

Quote Originally Posted by TomMLS1 View Post
      Connect and cruise is turn key. Only thing you might need would be a different pan. Accessory drive comes with the package. Easiest way to do a swap if you don't want to hassle with rounding up parts from all over. I done a few. Everything is in the box. Even has a decent startup tune.....would purchase another without hesitation. Have to really watch these days, whole lot of scammers out there selling defective parts...

T,
      So what swap kit or connect and cruise kits have you bought just curious which companies tend to be the most reputable and offer the best package prices.

There is only one true Connect & Cruise and it’s made by GMPP.

Speartech will also sell a turnkey package.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

To clarify, the Chevrolet Performance Connect and Cruise kits are not turn key.
      They are a single part number made up of 4-6 part numbers.

They do not come with an accessory drive nor a starter. You can get those items as add ones from GM (granted the accessories fit your application).

We are an authorized Chevrolet Performance reseller and can help you with the additional parts (fuel, cooling, accessories, headers, mounts, pan, etc).

The thing I like most about the connect and cruise packages is the warranty, and availability.
      Sometimes the trans or wiring is on back order, but often times GM has all the stuff in stock, you can have it in a few days.
      The warranty may not apply if you have a 3 year build, but still a good warranty comes with it.
      Plus it’s from the OEM.

Shoot me a message and I can price it out for you.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by toofun View Post
      So what swap kit or connect and cruise kits have you bought just curious which companies tend to be the most reputable and offer the best package prices.
      Two of the 430HP LS3 with 4L70E. Two 480HP with 4L70E as well......

Pace performance has good deals....a lot of folks promise savings, so shop around...

And yes, the accessory drive and starter are extra, but they can supply them for you, hence the "turn key" term I used...obviously you need PS lines, radiator hoses etc...but that's not what this is referring to...

T,

I went with the ls3 480 t56 connect and cruise from pace performance. Loved the cam and extra power until I was able to get my feet back under me with all the expenses. 2 years later I pulled the cam out and went with a tsp stage 2 cam package that allowed slot more rpms and more power without sacrificing idle or drivability.

Any reason any of you did not go with the T-56 versions? Always liked driving a stick but wondering if there was a soecific reason why you both go with autos?

Mine is the t56 magnum version

Country Flag: Canada
      Connect and Cruise 525, T56 close ratio..... 67 camaro, love it

I went with the connect and cruise - ls3/430, 4L65E
      Went with it because I'm pretty good bolting things together but I'm not a mechanic.
      Going the other route seemed like it had a lot more risks for me.
      I recommend you assess your limitations from both a skill standpoint and your parts locating network and see if that helps you make a determination.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com