Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, quality is my concern, not where it’s made. The best OEM steering parts I have used on the Camaro where made in Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Why is that necessarily a bad thing? We live in a global economy and we use foreign made parts daily.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I don't think this will be a bad move at all. I know Fox is a huge name in the offroad world, so this partnership will work well for ridetech and their fans, as it's all about being the best in their respective industries. I've definitely seen the influences of what happens when a leader in the automotive aftermarket is bought by a larger company that does not understand the market they're buying into, seeing that at the company I work at now unfortunately.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I owned a bicycle store for 25 years and sold Fox products on new bikes as well as aftermarket replacement/upgrade parts. They were one of the best companies in the industry as far as warranties, customer service, tech support, etc. Congrats to Bret to have built a successful business, AND then being able to "cash out" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Why is that necessarily a bad thing? We live in a global economy and we use foreign made parts daily.
      Why would it be a good thing? I doubt the people who would be losing their jobs will find comfort in the notion that it's okay because the economy is global. Not that ridetech has outsourced or is planning to, but it would be surprising if they didn't eventually. Doesn't affect me at all either way, but it affects somebody. That aside, at any given time I have several Fox products on my mountain bikes and have no issues with the quality.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd71 View Post
      Why would it be a good thing? I doubt the people who would be losing their jobs will find comfort in the notion that it's okay because the economy is global. Not that ridetech has outsourced or is planning to, but it would be surprising if they didn't eventually. Doesn't affect me at all either way, but it affects somebody. That aside, at any given time I have several Fox products on my mountain bikes and have no issues with the quality.
      You haven't paid enough attention in your MBA classes. ;-)

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      After a few days of “decompression” from the intensity of a year long plus acquisition process, I think I can put together some thoughts.

About 3 years ago Sharon and I decided we had taken ridetech about as far as we knew how, or even wanted to. We were profitable and still having fun, but after surviving 2 significant economic downturns, we knew it might be time to look for a big brother. Private Equity type goups were not considered because of the situations some of you have referred to above. We needed a group that mirrored ridetech, only with a larger resource pool. Fox wa the first and most obvious choice. They are a racing company filled with hotrodders right to the top. Incoming CEO Mike Dennison just debuted a 51 Hudson that won several awards this spring at the West Coast Goodguys shows.
      http://www.kennysrodshop.com/project...1_hudson_wasp/

When Fox participates in a market, they dominate it, by a lot. The Bicycle, Powersports, and Offroad divisions have demonstrated this for years. They do that by developing and manufacturing innovative and durable products. The new Fox Street and Performance Division now contains Ridetech as the anchor company. Thats the kind of train I want to be on, not under.
      My new position is Director of Innovation for Fox Powered Vehicles Group. That includes not only Ridetech, but offroad and Powersports as well. That means I get to help develop all kinds of zoomy cool new products and technology...with no distractions from sales, production, marketing, HR, etc, etc, etc. I have won the lottery.
      What does this mean for Ridetech customers and dealers? Nothing except an increasing amount of cool products and exceptional technology. The show and race schedule remains the same...Smitty, Andy, and I are still running the Motorsports program with Fox/Ridetech as the major sponsor. You shocks still have a 1,000,001 mile warranty. The sun still shines!

I rejected 2 significant buyout offers over the years, mostly because all they had to offer was money. For me, fun is more important than money. Fox has the whole package. If you think we’ve done some cool stuff the last 23 years...stand by!
      Can't wait to see what happens when you bring these two quality engineering groups together!
      1969 Chevelle SS 396 & 2011 Chevrolet Corvette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com