Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: pcm options

Country Flag: United States

pcm options

I know its new and most people haven't received theirs yet. Im putting together an l76/tremec magnum and don't know which pcm to use. Car is a g body and summer daily driver, road trip car. Engine will have a tsp cam and cnc ported heads. I narrowed it down two options:

-Holley terminator x
      -psi conversion harness

The cost will end up about the same. I have been weighing pros and cons and have reached a stalemate. I like the ability to run a DBC throttle body with the holley, but don't like the issues wiring the alternator. Also have to figure out the A/C trigger.

I like the idea of OEM simplicity, but feel like I am shorting myself on the flexibility of the holley.

Anyone have any more insight on this predicament?

Watching. Working on the same combo in a '57 Chevrolet truck, but like to run DBW. Thanks, Matt

I definitely prefer the DBW vs Cable. I feel tuning the idle stability on a cam'd motor is easier and no AC trigger is needed. If you ever ad cruise, DBW is easier that route as well. The holley seems to be well liked, and has a ton of options and parameters. Do you have a good tuner close to you that can handle the GM ECM? I feel that's important unless you can tune it yourself. IF not, the holley might be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post
      I definitely prefer the DBW vs Cable. I feel tuning the idle stability on a cam'd motor is easier and no AC trigger is needed. If you ever ad cruise, DBW is easier that route as well. The holley seems to be well liked, and has a ton of options and parameters. Do you have a good tuner close to you that can handle the GM ECM? I feel that's important unless you can tune it yourself. IF not, the holley might be the way to go.
      I have a tuner who can tune the gm computer, but not the holley. I'm torn on DBC vs. DBC, 50 different people have50diffent opinions on that argument as well. I only have DBC, so other than driving various cars at work, I have never lived with DBW. I have thought of the cruise control variable as well. I have cruise right now, but from a separate module. It would be nice to clean up the engine bay and get rid of that box.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post

Why wouldn't I need an a/c trigger with a dbw?

ECM will compensate for the idle.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com