Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Refrigerant Finders...... Real deal?

Hey, I just wanted to check and see if anyone has sold old R12 to these guys?

https://refrigerantfinders.com

They claim to buy refrigerant and pay market prices..... I have not called them, and have no reason not to believe them, but I would like to hear from someone that actually used their service... not just the "reviews" on their website.
      I have a 30 lb tank of R12 and have no use for it. I see lots of it for sale, and I have it listed on CL, but there seems to be little to no interest. I'm not looking to get rich off of it, I just don't want to get scammed.
      Again, has anyone used these guys?
      Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      After seeing your question, I decided to try them out.
      I had a partial cylinder of R-12, as well as a couple little 12 ounce cans, and no longer any vehicles that needed it.

I left a message on their site inquiring about their service that evening, and they called back a few hours into the next business day, and asked a few questions about what I wanted to sell (and then texted to ask if I had the info a week later, as I'd forgotten to check the exact count of cans I was planning to sell... Oops.)
      Once I had a list, they offered $15/lb on the net weight of the whole lot, and once I agreed, sent a postage paid box already labeled and with all the hazmat declarations paperwork included. Just to be safe, I had my shipping manager at work take a look at the paperwork and packaging, and he confirmed that it all looked professionally done and in order.
      I capped the cylinder with the included cap, packed the cylinder and cans in the box, added a good bit of packing material to secure them, tossed in the paperwork that was provided, and called them back to arrange a hazmat pickup.
      The FedEx ground driver picked it up the next day.

About a week later I got a check for the agreed value, after they'd received the package (and verified it was R-12, from my understanding.)

All told, It was about as simple as I suspect this could possibly be, and while I could likely have sold it for a little more in the local area, this was quick and easy.

I used them, I was really reluctant to do it. Spent some time trying to sell on CL and Marketplace, got fed up with idiots and scammers. So I called R Finders and asked a bunch of questions, they were very professional and I would not hesitate to use them again. Good price for the freon too.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com