Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 camaro firewall

Looking to see what you guys use for the firewall inside the car to keep the heat out. My car came with dynamat and a little bit of fiberglass insulation against the firewall. Would i be Ok using dynamat only or do i use Another type of insulation?

The car car is bare and painted at the firewall and floors currently. I’m redoing the wiring and the next step will be adding insulation.

Country Flag: United States
      We usually use Dynaliner foam, 1/8 or 1/4" when possible. Plus the carpet.
      Keeping heat out is more effective at the heat source, meaning placing something on the firewall/floorpan. As compared to letting the sheet metal absorb the heat as well.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Maybe a common question but about how many sheets of the 54x32 to do a first gen camaro firewall, floor pan and trunk?

Country Flag: United States
      I don't know off the top of my head; HushMat can recommend those amounts for you. They have data on most cars.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thanks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com