Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Solid Setup?

Country Flag: United States

Solid Setup?

This is for my 74 Nova. The purpose is to make it a weekend cruiser and have the ability to go into corners fairly well. In all honesty I pretty much just want to drive my first car ever and not break the bank doing it. Also to give my daily a break from driving 230 miles or so a day to go to work and back. It's a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T.
      My budget for suspension is to hopefully stay under 3,500$ if possible.

Re-weld the whole subframe? I can do it myself
      Speedtech Billet Aluminum Body Mounts
      1 1/8" front sway bar - many to choose from
      Borgeson Quick Ratio Power Steering Box 12.7:1 Ratio
      ridetech Steering kit w/Power Steering
      ridetech HQ Series Shock
      Ridetech Lowering Coil Springs - or does anyone prefer different coils
      GlobalWest Leaf Spring Reverse Eye 2" Lower - part # L-2R-2
      GlobalWest Econo-Track Kit - part #ETK-6769 - not sure if this set haves tall ball joints or not.
      Relocate rear shocks maybe? They're staggered from factory if that matters - I can fab up a setup myself.
      Stock height spindle or 2" drop?

I'm not sure on brakes yet, but brakes will have a separate budget on them.

That looks like a good plan.

Do you need to relocate the shocks for tire clearance? If not, there is no real benefit in moving them.

A cheap alternative for a quick ratio steering box is the 1988 IROC-Z box. Lee sells adapters for the hose fitting flares. You can get a rag joint to adapt the steering column to the newer IROC box. I purchased my box from Advance Auto Parts. It bolts right in.

I would look into stiffer frame mounting bushings. The stock ones are likely shot unless they have been replaced. You may want to consider solid mounts.

For brakes, is there a reason you need anything more than the factory 11 inch discs and good pads, like some Hawk pads? New rotors and good pads should do a lot for braking. If you want more, Kore3 (http://www.kore3.com/) has several nice retrofit options for front brakes that are only limited by your budget.

I have Global West L2 leaf springs with their bushing kit and I'm real happy with them. I also have a remanufactured IROC box and was very impressed with the bang for the buck I got by installing it. So far for the front I have some coil springs recommend by David Pozzi on his website and 2" drop spindles. Works well for a street car, but I definitely need better shocks.Name:  IMG_20190313_124218.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  176.3 KB

cornfedbill
      That looks like a good plan.

Do you need to relocate the shocks for tire clearance? If not, there is no real benefit in moving them.
      My idea/plan is to try to do a square setup so I gotta see what's the max tire size, i'll be running 18" wheels, I can fit on my car after everything is done and IF the rear shocks is in the way to achieve it I'll do it but that'll be towards the end.
      A cheap alternative for a quick ratio steering box is the 1988 IROC-Z box. Lee sells adapters for the hose fitting flares. You can get a rag joint to adapt the steering column to the newer IROC box. I purchased my box from Advance Auto Parts. It bolts right in.
      I believe there is a thread on it and even in fact I sub to it
      I would look into stiffer frame mounting bushings. The stock ones are likely shot unless they have been replaced. You may want to consider solid mounts.
      Yes mine are definitly shot, gonna use speedtechs body mounts.
      For brakes, is there a reason you need anything more than the factory 11 inch discs and good pads, like some Hawk pads? New rotors and good pads should do a lot for braking. If you want more, Kore3 (http://www.kore3.com/) has several nice retrofit options for front brakes that are only limited by your budget.
      My car came with factory drums on 4 corners so I gotta convert over to disc. Trying to find a good kit, and yes I know there are quite a bit out there but whois the right one to go with, or maybe piece one together myself. I'll check out kore3 though.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com