Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need help with Lemans blue paint

My car is ready for paint and I've decided on Lemans blue after seeing Jeff Dupont's 69 camaro. I read an article on his car and says painter Jay Doerfler used PPG lemans blue. But other lemans blue 69 camaros I see look alot different. Seems Jeff Duponts looks to be a tad greener or tealish.

Is it just the cars I'm seeing look different based on photo conditions, outside, sun glare, lights, etc...?

The BMW was a little more tealish so I added it so you could see.
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by markaaron80 View Post
      My car is ready for paint and I've decided on Lemans blue after seeing Jeff Dupont's 69 camaro. I read an article on his car and says painter Jay Doerfler used PPG lemans blue. But other lemans blue 69 camaros I see look alot different. Seems Jeff Duponts looks to be a tad greener or tealish.

Is it just the cars I'm seeing look different based on photo conditions, outside, sun glare, lights, etc...?
      Here is Jeff Dupont's car
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: Canada
      My 69 Camaro is Lemans Blue and I have done a lot of research/ looking at pics before I painted my car. The first pic of the Camaro with the Forgelines is Lemans Blue. The paint looks so different in different lighting, when the sun hits it etc.

The chevelle is not lemans blue. It looks like a newer GM blue off a corvette. Jeff Duponts is lemans blue as well but different lighting. The rear shot looks like a sunset is shooting against it and mine has the same look to it.

Best example of what lemans blue looks like is this DSE build.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/detroi...57663759974677

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com