Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      OP probably has his heads already, but I'll add one point. I think the Edelbrock round port are still using inefficient old-school combustion chambers. While their RPM CNC and KRE heads use a modern heart-shaped chamber. These have better swirl and combustion characteristics, and require less ignition advance. I'd go with one of those choices.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by MonzaRacer View Post
      Edelbrocks aluminum heads for Pontiac are d port but actually have always flowed as good as RAM AIR IV factory race heads and those just blue printed can push 650 .
      BUT remember Pontiacs don't need RPM to make torque and the name of the game in Pontiac is TORQUE not horsepower. Also if you push stock block too hard they split down valley! To much power means reinforcement or aftermarket blocks.
      the term "D" port means something different when talking about Pontiacs.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Curious what the OP ended up with. I have a Butler 461 for my 69 Firebird and need to keep the RA II set up so I'm limited to a Torker II intake and I'll be running a Holley Terminator Stealth.

My goal is 650-700ft/lb TQ.

I'll be adding billet main caps and using SD Perf's Deluxe Mega Brace kit to reinforce the lifter valley. My 400 block has had all the bells and whistles done to it in machining as did the rotating assembly.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

You probably already know this but in case you don't. If your adding billet main caps they need go with the block and at least be check or most likely align bored .
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Hey guys I’m back....I am actually ordering the heads in the next week or so....I know it’s been awhile.....here is what I was gonna order from Butler
      Pontiac 1967-79 400-455 87cc Edelbrock Round Port Heads, Ported to 340+CFM, Complete
      ADD TiN Retainers +150.00
      Intake was gonna be port matched Northwind from butler also

I was leaning towards the terminator also....but was thinking of stepping multiport setup with the terminator x

i also put the billet main caps on 400 4 bolt main block

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com