Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

61 Tbird in Oregon

Hey yall, my name is David, I'm looking at adding some pro touring style to my 1961 Ford Thunderbird. I'm an avionics technician in the coast guard, currently stationed in Astoria Oregon on the MH-60T helicopter.

Back story on the car. My dad bought it from my uncle in 1977 in Minnesota, between then and 2007ish it bounced between family garages, barns, snowbanks (my dad was active duty Air Force, 30 years) until he retired in San Antonio Texas. The car was then restored with new paint, interior and some awful 14" eagle wheels for my sister's wedding in 2010 and my wedding in 2014. Fast forward a couple years, my parents sell the house in TX and return to Alaska where my sister lives. They didnt want to ship the car so as of last month, its found its forever home in my garage!

Current plans are a front disc conversion, probably Scarebird, ridetech coilovers in the front, add a couple leafs, lowering blocks and ridetech shocks to the rear, some 17x7 or 17x8s and I think itll be a different car. Only powertrain plans are FiTech efi for the 390

Anyway, happy to hear thoughts and ideas, my plans are fluid
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Welcome fellow Oregonian! Looks like a fun project and very clean to start with.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com