Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

clutch pedal slop

Hi All,
      I just installed a tremec and a brand new clutch..everything else is stock. I am thinking my return spring is too weak. I have adjusted the linkage back and forth, and this only changes the engagement point of the clutch. I have a brand new BB spring attached to my header tube as a lot of you do, I stretched to what I thought was enough tension, but I have a lot of pedal play. However, the clutch fork is fully forward to keep the throwout bearing off the clutch fingers..My pedal is sitting close to the rubber stop on the pedal, but not pinned against it so free play is about 2" and my clutch is now engaging almost at about 1" in ..I think THis should be happening closer to the floor, which I can adjust easily, but I am thinking the slack I have is just the return spring not being strong enough. Do I need a bigger, better spring?

Thanks.

Country Flag: United States
      Have you considered a heim joint clutch linkage? I couldn't relocate the link for my car but something like this was one of the more effective upgrades I've made.
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/r...1930/overview/

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com