Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Accusump and check valve

Anyone out there run an Accusump?

Thinking I will go from adapter to remote filter to thermostat w/ oil cooler and T in after the t-stat w/ a check valve on one side and the Accusump and the return back to the engine on the other side. Pretty sure this is how it is supposed to be. Curious if anyone is running this set up.

Name:  Oiling.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  40.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 68Cuda440 View Post
      Anyone out there run an Accusump?

Thinking I will go from adapter to remote filter to thermostat w/ oil cooler and T in after the t-stat w/ a check valve on one side and the Accusump and the return back to the engine on the other side. Pretty sure this is how it is supposed to be. Curious if anyone is running this set up.

Name:  Oiling.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  40.1 KB
      The more I think about it, since the Accusump needs the check valve anyway, it doesn't matter where as long as it is downstream of the filter.

That said I may just put it on the outlet of the filter housing. That way when you swap the filter the oil won't drain down out of the cooler. Not sure if it would matter much since the thermostat would be closed anyway.

Country Flag: United States
      Your layout is the same way I did the Accusump on my C10 and El Camino.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Your layout is the same way I did the Accusump on my C10 and El Camino.
      Anything you did or didn't do that I could learn from? Is -10 overkill?

I looked at the Improved Racing oil cooler thermostat, it does not fully close so having the check valve between it and the filter may actually be a great idea.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68Cuda440 View Post
      Anything you did or didn't do that I could learn from? Is -10 overkill?

I looked at the Improved Racing oil cooler thermostat, it does not fully close so having the check valve between it and the filter may actually be a great idea.
      I used -10, anything smaller might not cut it IMO. I have the Improved Racing thermostat as well. I always thought that having the Accusump as close as possible to the engine would be best, but when I did the C10, the only place I had room was behind the cab. Apparently, distance isn't as big an issue as I thought. If I turn the key on, then open the Accusump valve, the oil pressure gauge jumps to 30+ psi almost instantly and then it slowly goes down, probably takes a good 3 minutes or so to drop to zero but I start the engine before that happens.

Other than that, just make sure all your fittings are tight.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      I used -10, anything smaller might not cut it IMO. I have the Improved Racing thermostat as well. I always thought that having the Accusump as close as possible to the engine would be best, but when I did the C10, the only place I had room was behind the cab. Apparently, distance isn't as big an issue as I thought. If I turn the key on, then open the Accusump valve, the oil pressure gauge jumps to 30+ psi almost instantly and then it slowly goes down, probably takes a good 3 minutes or so to drop to zero but I start the engine before that happens.

Other than that, just make sure all your fittings are tight.
      Thank you. I believe I will have room behind the header panel below the grill, behind and above the bumper and in front of where the oil cooler will go. There is a brace that goes between the header panel and the latch support; I think I can replace that with something the oil cooler will mount to. There will definitely be some cardboard tube mock up in my future.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com