Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Sheet Metal was Near $4800. So you figure. $2500 for car with title, $300 for tow, $4800 for Parts, and $5000 for labor equals $12,600 for a perfect rust free 69 Z28 with a title.

Country Flag: United States
      How long between the time you took it to have the sheet metal put on until it was painted?

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I took about 2 months.

Wow, price is about a fourth or less than usually seen and the time frame is often seen in years rather than months for both metal AND paint. Either extremely good shops or you're a very lucky person. It does seem odd that you painted the car before fitting the drive train as that tranny is very bulky compared to what the car came with and I'm guessing the tunnel will need rebuilt? It does look good, though. Thanks for sharing.
      Ric

2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

Tunnel does not need to be rebuilt. Trans fits great. I have heard that I would need to cut tunnel but I have seen many done without it. I guess it depends on the motor/trans mounts that you purchase. I do want to implement the Gen 5 console so I may have to cut the tunnel then but if I decide not to d then I"ll be fine. I will go out and take some photos of this to show you soon. I had an opportunity to get it painted so I went for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Projus View Post
      Tunnel does not need to be rebuilt. Trans fits great. I have heard that I would need to cut tunnel but I have seen many done without it. I guess it depends on the motor/trans mounts that you purchase. I do want to implement the Gen 5 console so I may have to cut the tunnel then but if I decide not to d then I"ll be fine. I will go out and take some photos of this to show you soon. I had an opportunity to get it painted so I went for it.
      How much ground clearance to the pan at ride height? I raised my tunnel a couple of inches for my 6L90E. I was shooting for 5 inches clearance and my ride height is not super low.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Any updates? Looking to see how you fit the transmission.

Any updates? How's your build going.
      It looks great so far, I'd love to see what you're up to over the winter!

Amazing job!

Man, finding a z28 under 10k is almost unheard of regardless of what shape its in. I found my 69 cobra in the same shape as yours for $700 in Missouri back in 2017. Great find, we need more guys like you to save these rarities regardless of what you do to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com