Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

BMR torque arm kit for 8.5 inch 10 bolt

I would like to adapt a BMR Torque arm kit for a 1969 Camaro for use with an 8.5 inch 10 bolt rear axle.
      I believe that only the back mount plate will need to be replaced to match the bolt pattern of the differential.
      Has anyone done this?
      Can someone tell me the thickness of the back mount plate?
      Thanks

Just wanted to add: The rear axle I have is is a '95 BOP 8.5 10 Bolt Axle that has a different bolt pattern than the 10 bolt axles supported by the BMR kit.
      Can anyone help with this plate thickness?
      Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      you should really call me but I will answer a couple of things

you really don't want to pursue what you are attempting

1. IMHO the BOP 8.5 is not worth anything besides it's scrap weight
      2. the cost of making an adaptor plate that mates to our system will be greater than getting a proper Axle Housing
      3. if you Customize a kit, you lose any Warranty

Can what you are looking at be done, Sure. But, you would be much better off doing it correctly!

Your statement is a bit ironic since your kit T004 can be purchased for use with a 69 F-body with 10-bolt differential.
      The 67 Camaro 8.2 inch 10 bolt is weaker than the 8.5 inch 10 Bolt I was wanting to adapt for a torque arm suspension.
      Not every project requires the same level of performace equipment. This build has an engine with less than 300 HP and I'm confident the 8.5 10 bolt will be fine.

Country Flag: United States
      I understand your comment, but for you to have a Plate made that will work will be expensive

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com