Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 Camaro Kick Panel Vent Delete

Does anyone make kick panels that block off the vents? I’ve added AC, and I’m working on sound deadening as well. I’d like to block off the vents, but I want to make sure they don’t leak, either.

Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

I would see if there are any plastic or steel plates that could be secured and sealed to the oval opening with the kick panels off to where once they are in place you can do some water tests to check for things being sealed up and then address any issues and then put the plastic panels in place. Maybe look at cars that are close to your kick panels like on a 73/74 Nova with factory AC and on those the driver's kick panel has no openings on it and on the passenger side, with it's opening for fresh air maybe be able to fabricate a cover over the oval opening or keep in place the curved molded cover to hide the oval opening.

I don't know where you are at with things are what you are working with but maybe reach inside the oval openings and clear out any debris that might have gotten built up in the lower cowl side and flush out the area as well as the rocker sills.

Jim

Country Flag: United States
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Thanks for the feedback! I may try to cutoff the part of my panels that extends into the cowl. I’m always hesitant to cut up original parts. Tho I’m not sure the kick panels have any real value.
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com