Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Please! Solid Engine Mount Options for 1969 camaro ls swap

I have a 1969 Camaro with a 350 sbc mounted to a Tremec magnum. I am planning to take out the 350 and put an lq4 engine in and I am concerned about swap parts. I've been looking through the forum but it seems that fitment has varied using Holley parts as pans and such change.

Can Holley engine mounts be in a solid mount configuration with the oem frame mount? If not what are other solid mount options?

https://www.holley.com/products/exha...parts/12618HKR

**EDIT: Called Holley and they said they dont have a solid mount option, this needs to be used with clamshell**

Are there other oil pans that are confirmed to work with these (or other solid engine mounts) other than the mast conversion oil pan and the steel summit pan?

I saw posts about some engine mounts moving the engine to high and forward and I would like to avoid that. I am running the stock subframe and a 69 steering box, ridetech truturn (a few years old if they have changed it) with the musclebar. Any pictures of fitment with solid mounts would help.

1969 Camaro, sbc 350, tremec magnum close gears, 10 bolt rear, tidetech front and rear suspension with musclebar, solid body mount, steering box, classic auto air a/c system (info for fitment questions)

Holley 302 series oil pans are going to be your best bet, they make a few different ones...302-1, 302-2, etc

The gm muscle car pan will work but not well in my opinion. It is gonna hang down about an inch below the subframe crossmember(does on my nova).

Advice to avoid fitment issues with lq4 in 1969 camaro (ridetech suspension)

I saw forums with different figments results depending on which 302 oil pan. I thought I saw 302-2 doesn’t without modification and 302-3 wasn’t tested yet, 302-1 was used on ridetech’s camaro but the engine was higher?

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?t=105801

Any info on the engine mounts? End goal is lq4 with truck intake and a single turbo kit.

1969 Camaro, sbc 350, tremec magnum close gears, 10 bolt rear, tidetech front and rear suspension with musclebar, solid body mount, steering box, classic auto air a/c system (info for fitment questions)

For anyone else looking for the same thing you can use this

https://www.dirtydingo.com/shop/prod...oducts_id=1230

I used Speedtech frame mounts and Speedtech LSX engine adapters. I have the Holley 302-2 oilpan, but I went with rack and pinion steering. I have the Trailblazer SS manifold and it looks like it will fit but my hood won't be on for a while so take that with a grain of salt! I also used the Holley accessory drive with passenger side high mount a/c compressor.

Matt H.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com