Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Possibly scammed

I emailed back and forth with a member and agreed to purchase parts from a member. After i sent the money via PayPal to the member they stopped responding. It has been 24 hours since i sent the money. Does anyone know what i can do?

Thanks
      Pete

I’d give them a day or two.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      I’d give them a day or two.

-Dale
      Ok thank you! It’s just frustrating when your money is out there and they stopped replying once the money was sent.

If you sent the money friends and family through pay pal you can still contact your bank and dispute the transaction for non shipment. He'll have to show proof the item was shipped, if he doesn't you get refund your money.

If you payed the 3% fee to pay pal for a business transaction your covered.

Id not panic and give them a chance to contact you like Dale said. I've payed plenty of members here through pay pal friends and family and had things shipped to me a few days after payment which is reasonable. Life gets in the way sometimes for everyone and things don't always go according to plan.
      Ahmad B.

Thanks guys. You were right! The person finally got back to me. I was getting worried there for a little bit! Thanks again.

If the transaction was through PayPal, PayPal will take care of you. Contact PayPal.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by nokones View Post
      If the transaction was through PayPal, PayPal will take care of you. Contact PayPal.
      Dang! 24 hours!! That’s a little early to panic. I know I have sold stuff, made a deal in the afternoon...and not hear back till maybe the next night...it’s not uncommon to not hear from me for a day. People work and have lives! Now if it was a few days, sent a follow-up note and nothing? Then I would get a little concerned.

Don’t be so confident with PP. If you give someone money as “a gift” for friends or family, you can’t file a case against them lol....are you gonna tell them you sent it that way to avoid fees?

If you did the transaction to make a purchase, then you can be covered. But again, 24 hours isn’t it and PP will put you through a process.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Never pay with friends and family with a business or someone you don't know. I know of some in the business that want to be paid friends and family, that is just asking for it! Glad to hear it worked out ok for you.

MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com