Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Help Identifying Rod Bolt Part Number

With apologies for this being my first post, I am hopeful that someone may be able to help me out of a jam. I am rebuilding a 5.3 (Gen III), and now in reassembly stage. Unfortunately when letting my son help torque the rod bolts, he accidentally rounded off the rod bolt head. I was able to remove the offending part (1st pic below), but now have had no luck finding a replacement. I tried to Google, and ended up with part number 11610158 (2nd pic below), but that unfortunately is not right. As shown in the first photo, the bolt has a fairly long shank, and consistent thread pitch throughout. The new (wrong) bolt has a shorter shank and two different thread pitches. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

~ Jason

Name:  Damaged Rod Bolt.jpeg
Views: 177
Size:  51.5 KBName:  Wrong Rod Bolt.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  51.1 KB

I appreciate those who have taken a look. Judging by the responses I guess I am looking at a very long conversation with someone at a GM parts counter in my future as we try to sort this out. Cheers

You may be better off just buying a new set of ARP rod bolts. Or find someone who builds LS motors and see if they have a spare stocker..... Hard to buy one bolt from a GM parts counter guy....

Many thanks for the response. I was kicking around that idea, but was concerned that with different bolts / style/ source, that I would need this to go back to the machine shop to check that all appropriate dimensions are maintained, and was hoping to avoid that level of disassembly.

Are these bolts not TTY?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com