Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Sweden
      The car looks really nice and clean, Jason! You've put a lot of attention to having every spot having a nice finish. I really dig that! I hope you will be able to take that test drive soon! Best of luck!

Henrik
      Henrik

"Mechanix Menace": An LS7-motivated, chopped, tube framed, and heavily modified 1973 Datsun 240Z

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...73-Datsun-240Z

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chevyz240 View Post
      The car looks really nice and clean, Jason! You've put a lot of attention to having every spot having a nice finish. I really dig that! I hope you will be able to take that test drive soon! Best of luck!

Henrik
      Thanks Henrik. That's why it's taking me FOREVER lol.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Name:  IMG_20220130_194134.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  211.2 KBName:  IMG_20220130_191638.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  429.5 KBName:  IMG_20220129_150708.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  262.5 KBName:  IMG_20220129_194414.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  299.9 KBName:  IMG_20220123_160543.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  359.2 KBName:  IMG_20220123_142842.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  321.5 KBName:  IMG_20220122_134553.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  235.7 KBName:  IMG_20220122_134547.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  277.7 KB
      Ok
      So the Vintage AC Servo motor shown here with Auto Plumb adapters to get from barbed nipples to AN-10. I used them on water pump also.
      Gauge pack wired and ready to install.
      Made a ground bus in the dash behind column to put all interior grounds to. Had to cut plugs off of AAW harness and Flaming River Steering column and used male female at blade connectors. Got my Auto cool guy fan controller installed and wired.
      Used a 16gauge/12 conductor SOOW which is an outdoor wet area shielded cable. It runs through the passenger door jamb out through firewall behind fender to the fan controller, AC, VA Servo motor, and I got 4 conductors left.
      Also mounted a positive buss bar by fan controller. Wil run the battery cable #2 from trunk to this buss bar. Then from the buss bar to the starter solenoid. I'm using #2 red welding cable for hot and black ground.
      Next I've installed an EATON 5 relay panel from BP automotive. It's got 5 fused and 5 relayed circuits. I mounted it in the trunk. No photo yet. I'll use it for the following circuits:
      1 LS Keyed ECM Hot
      2. ZL1 fuel pump
      3. Heated passenger seat
      4. Heated driver seat
      5. Rain gear wipers.
      This way I have a relay on all five of those circuits. And it's got 5 separate fused small gauge positive wires you can run small load circuits. I'll run to a switch ( heated seat) and from that switch to the relay triggers. And from relay output to heated seat.
      Secondly I've got a Waytek 150amp solid state contactor. Using in between this panel and my battery. That contactor is going to be controlled via an RF remote control 12v hot good for 20amps. That gives me a remote control that shuts down my LS ECM feed and my LS ZL1 fuel pump. Though the car could technically still crank, with no ECM power and No Fuel Pump she won't run to
      Finally for Fusing of the Crank circuit I'll use a battery mounted 300Amp Blue Sea Marine breaker built on the battery. It's a dual unit so one half feeds the Start Solenoid and the other feeds the secondary Eaton Fuse Panel.
      Pictures will post as soon as I get it wired.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Hi Jason ! I like the way you work, this is organized and very clean ! And well explained, can't wait to see her runing !

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Ok
      So the Vintage AC Servo motor shown here with Auto Plumb adapters to get from barbed nipples to AN-10. I used them on water pump also.
      Gauge pack wired and ready to install.
      Made a ground bus in the dash behind column to put all interior grounds to. Had to cut plugs off of AAW harness and Flaming River Steering column and used male female at blade connectors. Got my Auto cool guy fan controller installed and wired.
      Used a 16gauge/12 conductor SOOW which is an outdoor wet area shielded cable. It runs through the passenger door jamb out through firewall behind fender to the fan controller, AC, VA Servo motor, and I got 4 conductors left.
      Also mounted a positive buss bar by fan controller. Wil run the battery cable #2 from trunk to this buss bar. Then from the buss bar to the starter solenoid. I'm using #2 red welding cable for hot and black ground.
      Next I've installed an EATON 5 relay panel from BP automotive. It's got 5 fused and 5 relayed circuits. I mounted it in the trunk. No photo yet. I'll use it for the following circuits:
      1 LS Keyed ECM Hot
      2. ZL1 fuel pump
      3. Heated passenger seat
      4. Heated driver seat
      5. Rain gear wipers.
      This way I have a relay on all five of those circuits. And it's got 5 separate fused small gauge positive wires you can run small load circuits. I'll run to a switch ( heated seat) and from that switch to the relay triggers. And from relay output to heated seat.
      Secondly I've got a Waytek 150amp solid state contactor. Using in between this panel and my battery. That contactor is going to be controlled via an RF remote control 12v hot good for 20amps. That gives me a remote control that shuts down my LS ECM feed and my LS ZL1 fuel pump. Though the car could technically still crank, with no ECM power and No Fuel Pump she won't run to
      Finally for Fusing of the Crank circuit I'll use a battery mounted 300Amp Blue Sea Marine breaker built on the battery. It's a dual unit so one half feeds the Start Solenoid and the other feeds the secondary Eaton Fuse Panel.
      Pictures will post as soon as I get it wired.
      Great progress Jason! It's cool to see the step by step process, but how they can be different between cars.

• I still haven't installed my Vintage AC Servo, are you mounting it in the engine bay?
      • I'm thinking about getting a tilt column...you like the flaming river part so far? I think its between them and Ididit

I still haven't made it to Conway, but gonna hollar when I'm in the area. Looking forward to hearing it fire
      '67 Camaro SS - Currently in build stage but making progress!
      **Brett**

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth67 View Post
      Great progress Jason! It's cool to see the step by step process, but how they can be different between cars.

• I still haven't installed my Vintage AC Servo, are you mounting it in the engine bay?
      • I'm thinking about getting a tilt column...you like the flaming river part so far? I think its between them and Ididit

I still haven't made it to Conway, but gonna hollar when I'm in the area. Looking forward to hearing it fire
      Yes the vintage AC Servo is up front . Right behind core support and tucked behind passenger fender.
      As for column I've heard Ididit is better who knows . I bought a new un used flaming river in stainless not painted which is what I wanted but from a guy on ebay for 250.00. it's a tilt. I'm happy with it.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

How's your car coming Brett?
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      How's your car coming Brett?
      Still waiting on paint, and adding tweaking things here and there. Installing a rear shock relocation kit at the moment, and hoping for paint in Feb. looking for something along these lines. Once paint is finished I can get it together Name:  6C27202E-654F-4D94-B510-B7EA189ECC44.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  672.0 KBName:  IMG_6358.JPG
Views: 1184
Size:  329.4 KB
      **Brett**

Brett
      I almost paint my car about that color with blue stripes!
      So is the shop at ozark doing yours?
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Yep, thats the plan anyway. They stay busy for sure just like most good shops do. I have always liked that blue so after floating around the color spectrum I think that one is it. And still unsure about the stripes...originally I was thinking black with stripes but now I'm leaning with the '67 nose wrap like the pic. I think the 2 black daily drivers is enough work for me, I don't need to add a 3rd! Lol

I'm considering a few items still on mine
      • Adding tilt
      • Changing gauges - Currently running Classic instruments but thinking either VHX or the Holley 7" dash
      • TKX - still running the Super t10 currently but the TKX is same spline count and such
      **Brett**

Jason, I just went through your thread. I'll start with small stuff. I had a 1990 cbr600 hurricane so we have some shared knowledge. I appreciate the fact that you used Lizard skin on the inside and covered it with sound mat. I think you will find the sound mat to be the best that you installed. I have had several white rods and I was told several times that white as a color does little for a build so if you didn't do the rest of it correct, you missed out. You have done well. Many years ago, a friends wife told me that I was lucky because I could do my own work. At the time, I didn't think about it much. I'm not able to do everything real well but it does get done in a timely manner. After reading your thread and seeing how excited you were to have the car back in your hands, it has shed some more light on the subject. Congratulations on your progress and I hope your start up goes with out incident. I believe the 1st corner you go into at more than 20 mph will tell you if you made all the right choices correctly. Hot rods for many of us are a reflection on who we are. When you are standing next to it and smiling, I hope those that know you can see what actually happened. You mentioned the tkx as a possible replacement. I have about 200 miles on mine. I'm aware of when I shift into 2nd gear. It reminds me of a 3650 in many ways. I had a 3550 in my 32 that reminded me of a Ford top loader 4 speed in more ways than not. I have no idea what your goal was in thinking about the trans change, I just thought I would add that thought. Again, great job and best wishes for the 1st drive.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Jason, I just went through your thread. I'll start with small stuff. I had a 1990 cbr600 hurricane so we have some shared knowledge. I appreciate the fact that you used Lizard skin on the inside and covered it with sound mat. I think you will find the sound mat to be the best that you installed. I have had several white rods and I was told several times that white as a color does little for a build so if you didn't do the rest of it correct, you missed out. You have done well. Many years ago, a friends wife told me that I was lucky because I could do my own work. At the time, I didn't think about it much. I'm not able to do everything real well but it does get done in a timely manner. After reading your thread and seeing how excited you were to have the car back in your hands, it has shed some more light on the subject. Congratulations on your progress and I hope your start up goes with out incident. I believe the 1st corner you go into at more than 20 mph will tell you if you made all the right choices correctly. Hot rods for many of us are a reflection on who we are. When you are standing next to it and smiling, I hope those that know you can see what actually happened. You mentioned the tkx as a possible replacement. I have about 200 miles on mine. I'm aware of when I shift into 2nd gear. It reminds me of a 3650 in many ways. I had a 3550 in my 32 that reminded me of a Ford top loader 4 speed in more ways than not. I have no idea what your goal was in thinking about the trans change, I just thought I would add that thought. Again, great job and best wishes for the 1st drive.
      You said alot and all appreciated. I couldn't agree more about it reflection of who we are. Yes white is plain but the white black pop and general industrial theme hopefully will nail my end result plan.as for the TKX that was a buddy of mines comment. I'm running an magnum 6 speed and 4.11 gears.
      Still lo e the CBR Hurricane!
      Thanks for scanning .y build thread.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Name:  IMG_20220205_195347.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  466.1 KBName:  IMG_20220205_195407.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  251.1 KBName:  IMG_20220204_171637.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  400.9 KBName:  IMG_20220203_153918.jpg
Size:  224.2 KBName:  IMG_20220203_153846.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  215.4 KBName:  IMG_20220205_195605.jpg
Size:  440.3 KB
      Ok I fabricated a simple bracket to install a 69 clutch safety switch on my 67. I know many people don't use one but I like the idea of it.
      Secondly got my EATON 5 relay panel in the trunk and my Waytek solid state contactor. It will be remote control for theft protect. Of the 5 relays 3 are wired to be hot with IGN on. That's one for ECM switched, one for Stereo Amp Switched and one for Raingear Wipers. The other two are to heated seats 1 and 2 and won't be hot until you turn on the seat switch.
      After all that crawling around in the trunk I went to finish the hushmat. Ran out at the back of the trunk needing about 6 square feet more.
      fuel pump is also wired in along with fuel sender.Name:  IMG_20220205_195611.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  448.2 KBName:  IMG_20220205_200543.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  338.7 KB
      Also started on wiring in front of the firewall.
      Cannot wait to hear it crank. Hopefully next weekend.
      I also made battery cables from trunk over he passenger wheel tub. Down to channel above rocker on passenger side. They will penetrate the firewall below vintage air as soon as pass through bulkhead parts arrive. I'll post pics of battery on cables and pass through after installed fully.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

I read the owner's manual for the Inpower contactor. Are you planning on using the control circuit with a hidden switch or some kind of unit that will have a remote such as a key fob?

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      I read the owner's manual for the Inpower contactor. Are you planning on using the control circuit with a hidden switch or some kind of unit that will have a remote such as a key fob?
      Yes I'll have a hidden switch for just in case but I'm running a hidden remote with a Key Fob. I tried finding a quality remote and key fob that wasn't china. No luck so far bjt did find one that I can hide pretty easily and it handles 20 amps.. the Intek contactor came from a company called Waytek. They make it in several amperage largest being 200a.

TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Name:  IMG_20220224_150203.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  259.5 KBName:  V4-1.JPG
Views: 673
Size:  98.6 KBName:  IMG_20220224_172713.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  308.4 KBName:  IMG_20220224_172722.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  376.3 KBName:  IMG_20220224_172733.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  188.3 KB
      Ok from the top is my corvette pedal bracket.
      Then I installed intake tube and K and N kit with closeout for passenger side from Frank here on the forum.
      I've got all circuits wired and tested including
      Crank, start, fans, fan controller, gauges, fan on when AC on, Vintage Air, trunk fuse panel hot, Trunk remote kill with key fob, all lighting wires tested.
      Still got to install all headlights, taillights, and dash indicator lights.
      Gauges and steering Column in.
      The White Lightning logo is the cars name and the top cap of the two piece valve covers LS version that cove Coils from Wegner Motorsports. When the Valve covers arrive I can wire up coils and test fire.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

So I want to do CRAZY and use JW Speaker Evo J3 headlights with blinker, DRL and high and low. Considering heated and non just for looks. I'm attaching both photos, guys help me pick. Remember before you say I'm nuts my entire build is base on an INDUSTRIAL look.
      JasonName:  1645243696977.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  36.0 KBName:  1645243696581.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  25.9 KB
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

I think the bottom one has a more industrial look with all the lines. Cars looking really good.

Yeah I like the bottom headlights, pretty unique design….reminds me of a circuit board or tron

Yeah I ordered them. They are JW Speakers designed for Jeep but hey who cares! I think it will look good in the the theme of the car.
      Thanks guys
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com