Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Fantastic-4 Door

Well, I figured it was time to start a build thread on my 67 Chevelle four door project. My mom and dad are both very involved with Pro-touring (tommycomfort) and after Run Thru The Hills V (2009) my dad gave me a 67 4-dr that we had bought in Colorado for parts. Just under a year ago we took the frame out from underneath it and had it powder coated. After looking over the body and realizing it was going to be a ton of work to get the body and floors repaired to a usable condition, we started thinking about other options. Dad really wanted to find a usable two door hardtop body, but I was set on a four door because you don’t see many of them, especially not with a pro-touring flair. About a month ago Dad found a very solid and complete 67 4-door in central Kansas on ebay and won the auction for $750.00. So, now we’re about 18 hours into our 25 hour road trip and since I don’t have a license I have plenty of time to start writing my build thread.

So far we have collected the following parts and assembled some of the chassis:
      8.2 ten bolt posi rebuilt with 3.08 gears (for now) and stock axles
      Jegs tubular lower trailing arms
      UMI adjustable upper trailing arms
      Hotchkis front and rear sway bars (came off of Dad’s 66)
      Hotchkis front and rear springs
      Edelbrock IES shocks
      Detroit Speed spindles
      Kore3 C5 front discs and LS1 Camaro rear discs
      Moog ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm and center link
      Jeep Grand Cherokee steering box
      Cragar Soft 8 17x9” rims (two of the four)
      Hopefully before long we’ll have DSE upper and lower A-arms, the other two rims and some tires to roll it around on.

Right now the plan is for a healthy small block, but we do have a LT1 with aluminum heads on the shelf. I would really like to have a LS based motor eventually but that will probably be down the road. We’re also thinking about a Saginaw four speed until I can afford a TKO five speed.
      The exterior plan is flat Madeira maroon with black trim and bumpers. I want to fabricate a front spoiler with a Nascar flair resembling Velocity’s.
      Inside I want to build a custom dash with auto meter gauges and fabricate a console. The plan is for a black interior with “racing” bucket seats up front and maybe in the back too if any. We’re still debating carpet but at a minimum the floors will be covered with truck bed liner. I don’t want to go overboard with sound deadening like my parents did with our 66, but I do want some.
      The engine compartment plan hasn’t really come together yet, but I do want it clean looking with a cold air intake running to grills where the bright headlights were, like Scott Parkhurst’s 67 wagon. It will have an aluminum radiator since we have a few sitting around from the 66.
      Because a lot of the parts are “hand me downs” and we buy good deals when we can a lot of things might change as we go.

Sam, not sure if you know who i am, but ur dad will know. He sent me a pic of that car on the way back.

I told your dad something that im willing to do for you and the car when you get it ready.

Glad to see that you are working on it all ready.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      Sam, not sure if you know who i am, but ur dad will know. He sent me a pic of that car on the way back.

I told your dad something that im willing to do for you and the car when you get it ready.

Glad to see that you are working on it all ready.
      Of couse I know who you are Dan! I haven't really posted, but I have been lurking around pro-touring for about a year.

Well of course I will be watching this build thread with a tight hold on my wallet! The only tough part is prioritizing what gets the time and dollars first...

Love your user name Sam and glad to see you on the board. I look forward to seeing great progress on your build and hope to be able to help you out from time to time.
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

The Proof is on the Pavement

Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

www.hotrodtransformations.com

The Saminator!, I love it. Consider me subscribed and watching. The new body looks great and I know will be a better start than the former body. Looks like you and I will be setting a new tread with FOUR DOOR builds this year. Don't it feel good to be a trendsetter????? lol
      BTW, thanks for the help Monday, when I pulled that dumb stunt in the Hornet. Great to see you and your Dad even if it wasn't planned.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
      Love your user name Sam and glad to see you on the board. I look forward to seeing great progress on your build and hope to be able to help you out from time to time.
      Thanks Brian, I really appreciate all the help you have given us already. I also forgot to add the yellow top optima donated by The Autocross Superhero. Does this mean I can say that I am sponsored buy hotrod transformations?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      The Saminator!, I love it. Consider me subscribed and watching. The new body looks great and I know will be a better start than the former body. Looks like you and I will be setting a new tread with FOUR DOOR builds this year. Don't it feel good to be a trendsetter????? lol
      BTW, thanks for the help Monday, when I pulled that dumb stunt in the Hornet. Great to see you and your Dad even if it wasn't planned.
      I don't know how you can't like four doors! We were happy to see you, and it was no problem helping, especially since we got to see the Hornet!

OH, ONE THING, this being the start of the build and all. I will let you get by with the car being on the trailer this one time, BUT, no more, from now on, it has to be driven if it is on the road..........lol
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      OH, ONE THING, this being the start of the build and all. I will let you get by with the car being on the trailer this one time, BUT, no more, from now on, it has to be driven if it is on the road..........lol
      Trust me, it will be!

Welcome to The board! I Am pretty sure I did Tech on your parents car at RTTH this year. Looks like your will be really awesome as well! Love the four door! I'm glad to see their are other young people interested in PT musclecars! If their is any way I can help out let me know, I don't live close but I can help with other stuff!
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Country Flag: Canada
      So awesome, keep up the good work! You have rad parents.

If the paint is just faded and not rusted - I'd leave the patina look...

Heres an example of waht im talking about - it looks awesome and I love this car

2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Sam

I'm glad to see you have already started your build thread. Can't wait to see your car in person. We're planning on coming down for a visit some time this winter.
      We're not exactly down the street from you guys, but we'd love to help out too. Let us know if you need anything.
      Chris Jacobs

Hey Sam! Cool project and I'm glad to see you're posting on the board! I'll be keeping tabs on your thread and if I can help in any way, let me know!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Very cool Sam!! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      If the paint is just faded and not rusted - I'd leave the patina look...

Heres an example of waht im talking about - it looks awesome and I love this car
      That does look awesome! I will probably leave it as is for a while, but it has a little bit of rust on the fender dog legs so I will paint it eventually.

Thanks for all the help offers everybody. It's very cool that so many people are posting on my thread, I didn't really expect it. I will keep everybody updated.

Sam buddy, You are gonna have more fun than the law allows with this build. Let me know how I can help. I have done quite a few Abody builds and have tons of parts just sitting around collecting dust. If I have anything you can use it is your's for the asking.
      Mike

Sam, i got thinking of what parts i have here at my place that im not going to use that i can give you. Well i remembered i had a set of headers that i cant/wont be using. If you want them you can have them.

Hedman 68608 - Hedman Hedders Elite Headers
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com