Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

LS7 Swap with E38 ECM Dead Pedal Issue

Ok, Long Story but 67 camaro with Early 2008 LS& with E38 ECM Swap. Came out of a burned wreck with new intake and injectors, throttle body etc.
      Car ran great to almost WOT and about 6K Plus had limp mode every pull. After much tuning crap and hair pulling, I discovered that what I had came with a gold blade later LS3 style throttle body. My Earlier VIN Vette LS7 actually came with a Silver Blade Throttle Body, so I ordered one, swapped, did a throttle relearn and she ran like a top into over 7 grand no REP, no Limp, no Dead Pedal. For about 3 months. Then one evening while driving home from church, I had an all of the sudden tail lights go out and fuse pop. So tracked that to an extra insulated Jacket Male Connector I had left hanging that touched ground. It was feeding the hot to my gauge pack. So when it happened I lost all Dash and Gauge Lights as well as Tail Lights.
      On the way home while driving AFTER that happened i hit Limp Mode Dead Pedal in 4th gear in a slight pull.
      Didnt think much about it but came in the shop, found the Male Connector Shorting out on the Steering Column, Plugged it with a dummy female, replace Fuses and all was fine.
      Except the Dead Pedal. Now if I turn Key On, Cycle Pedal, Pedal goes immediately Dead with Codes P0122, P1516 and P2135.
      Now P1516 I was seeing with the old Gold Throttle Blade.
      So I did a Throtte Relearn and no change. But If I turn Key On , Cycle Pedal, then Run Diagnostic with HP Scan, Then Start and run it runs great for a little while, then randomly back to Dead Pedal all the Way, or REP Limp Mode then Dead Pedal.
      Could my lit e Wire Short Deal somehow Shorted out my Pedal or Throttle Body TPS or TAC??
      All was Fine until that Incident.
      . The Wire that shorted out is in the Car Harness, Nothing to do with the Swap Harness. Fused Separately and all.
      Any Help appreciated.

TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Looks like you’re doing it right, very nice car!!!

Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  383.0 KB

I have the Braum seats in my 86 GN, they are very nice. I have tried multiple seats including factory/Recaro/Sparco and the Braum is better/more comfortable than any of them.

Mike
      86 Buick GN, Stage 2 V6, Twin EFR Turbos

Can't you ohm out all 3 of those items and see if one is your problem??

we were having the same issue with a 05 Tahoe with the 5.3, but it still needs a relearn,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi8 View Post
      Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  383.0 KB

I have the Braum seats in my 86 GN, they are very nice. I have tried multiple seats including factory/Recaro/Sparco and the Braum is better/more comfortable than any of them.

Mike
      Those seats look awesome Mike
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Work on battery kill switches. I added 2. One for each trunk mounted battery. I can run on either charge either etc. So if i got an event or a gathering I can run sound system on one and have a hot one to start on. With both on both charge pretty evenly. The hots are both 2 gauge welding wire from trunk to bulkhead hot pass through at firewall.
      Alternator charge wire is 4 gauge from alternator to firewall bulkhead pass through.

Right battery ground goes up front to bulkhead pass through like the + through firewall. The Left battery is grounded to the first and to the chassis.
      Dual hot cables on left battery 1 to Sound System Amp, 1 to bulkhead + at firewall. Right battery has 1 Hot cable to Inpower 200amp solid state switch and 1 to bulkhead up at firewall. The 200amp Inpower switch feeds a 10 fuse and 5 relay fuse panel in trunk that handles heated seat circuits, several console circuits, fuel pump, and sound system circuits.
      Since my radio is an all blue tooth in trunk, I utilized the two radio circuits in the AAW harness for the electronic E Brake as it needs a hot all the time ( used radio clock yellow wire ) and a hot with ignition on wire ( radio key on power brown wire ) both of which are fused for 10amp like E Stopp needs.
      Name:  IMG_20230107_190059.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  203.1 KB
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Now working on the center console. I ordered from Modern Classic Interiors. Took threatening emails and filing a claim with paypal to finally get it 6 months later. But he shorted me the billet ring brothers shift ring and leather boot. But at least I got the console. Now it's fit to the car and I pulled center out to paint. Main console wrapped in black vinyl. Center from AC vents to cell phone pocket will be white to match car and dash and have a black striped down the middle for some pizzazz.
      Ive got 5 switches sandwiched in the console storage.
      1 for E brake, 1 for dome light in console, 1 for each of the 2 power ports ( got one 12v cigarette lighter style and 1 dual usb style) , and a fuel pump switch. To with fuel pump switch I can key on and do programing no and such without fuel pump running.
      Name:  IMG_20230204_174425.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  235.1 KBName:  IMG_20230128_172748.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  194.2 KBName:  IMG_20230128_172753.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  230.9 KBName:  IMG_20230121_165821.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  280.5 KBName:  IMG_20230121_162927.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  192.3 KB
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by extremetoy View Post
      Looks like you’re doing it right, very nice car!!!
      Thank you very much sir!
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

That console looks good Jason!
      '67 Camaro SS - Currently in build stage but making progress!
      **Brett**

What did you find wrong with your electrical problem from a few months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth67 View Post
      That console looks good Jason!
      Thanks Brett what's the status on your baby?
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      What did you find wrong with your electrical problem from a few months ago?
      My little spare hot ignition wire I left hanging around , when it touches ground it fried my 650.00 GM silver blade throttle body
      So I replaced it with a Dorman aftermarket for $150.00. that cured it.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Thanks Brett what's the status on your baby?
      Driving up tomorrow to pick up the rest of my parts (hood, trunk lid, etc) from the body shop. Still no paint but I should be in a better place with a complete car again.
      **Brett**

Well console finally in. Kick panels and speakers finally in. Driver side cage door bars in, and driver side seatbelt in. All I lack is passenger side seat belt, passenger door bars.
      License plate light, back up light, and microphone for my bluetooth setup.
      Then it's basically done. OMG.Name:  IMG_20230304_161123.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  243.4 KBName:  IMG_20230304_161036.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  215.2 KB
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Jason, now that the end is near, do you see anything that you would want to change? I'm curious because I often hear there is something we missed or we're disappointed in that we purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Jason, now that the end is near, do you see anything that you would want to change? I'm curious because I often hear there is something we missed or we're disappointed in that we purchased.
      Well,
      That's tough question. For starters I would have ordered a real deal steel Camaro to body complete in epoxy primer already minitubbed. That would have been alot cheaper. Secondly I would have done way more mock up on everything.
      Thirdly i would have done all the body and paint because I would have been happier in the end and I would have saved that money for a professional interior job.
      Because what i wasted on body and paint, and I got milked, I could have done just as good of a job, and my end result is very nice, but I got milked to get there.
      I enjoyed all the build that i did myself which was everything but mud and paint and the little metal work they did around the window channels and such. All that cash I blowed on them taking forever I could have bought the new body.
      I'm happy with all my chassis, brakes, engine, all that.
      I probably would have done LS3 instead of the LS7 because of economics but that story is in my build thread.
      I would have done flush glass.
      That's about it I think.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Jason, that's a good answer. Specially the economics of this hobby. Continual growth is an important part of life. If you choose to do another, you will have some idea of time and effort to make the decisions easier. I finished my last project last summer. Most of the parts were purchased in 2021. I've been looking at prices since the 1st of the year and have been surprised several times at the size of increases. It has really changed my mindset about another.

Console turned out great Jason! Looks like your car is just about ready for the cruising season.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Well,
      That's tough question. For starters I would have ordered a real deal steel Camaro to body complete in epoxy primer already minitubbed. That would have been alot cheaper. Secondly I would have done way more mock up on everything.
      Thirdly i would have done all the body and paint because I would have been happier in the end and I would have saved that money for a professional interior job.
      Because what i wasted on body and paint, and I got milked, I could have done just as good of a job, and my end result is very nice, but I got milked to get there.
      I enjoyed all the build that i did myself which was everything but mud and paint and the little metal work they did around the window channels and such. All that cash I blowed on them taking forever I could have bought the new body.
      I'm happy with all my chassis, brakes, engine, all that.
      I probably would have done LS3 instead of the LS7 because of economics but that story is in my build thread.
      I would have done flush glass.
      That's about it I think.
      Jason
      You make some great point Jason!
      The new body is definitely something to consider in the future. There is a shop in Texas that builds them and will even do a wide body...which I'd have to see in person and look over.
      Paint and body...OMG! I never thought I'd have issues in this department. I'd definitely paint mine if I still had a shop to use.
      Flush glass is still something to consider, but imo the bottom of the windshield pillars has to be squared off for it to look right.

You have a great car man, still want to get down there and see it in person sometime.
      **Brett**

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Console turned out great Jason! Looks like your car is just about ready for the cruising season.
      Thanks Ryeguy
      And yes just in time for the shows. I'm doing a couple locals and I'm already booked for my stay at LS Fest Texas. Not sure if I'm taking the car thee but I'm going.
      I've been to bowling green 3 times and once with car last September but in an incomplete state although running and driving.
      It's been a journey as all of you here know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth67 View Post
      You make some great point Jason!
      The new body is definitely something to consider in the future. There is a shop in Texas that builds them and will even do a wide body...which I'd have to see in person and look over.
      Paint and body...OMG! I never thought I'd have issues in this department. I'd definitely paint mine if I still had a shop to use.
      Flush glass is still something to consider, but imo the bottom of the windshield pillars has to be squared off for it to look right.

You have a great car man, still want to get down there and see it in person sometime.
      Yeah let's definitely get together.
      I've got to run to fayetteville for a business trip soon I may reach out to you once I get the date naed and if time allows on
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com