Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States

Side window w/ vents --> 1 pc side windows

Hey Guys-
      Have a stupid little English sports car from the late 60's that I really like. Enough that I want to keep. Anyway, it has vent windows and, besides screwing up mirror placement, I really just don't like.
      Looking for a tutorial on replacing door glass w/ vent windows w/ 1 pc glass.
      Anyone point me to any online information, books, publications, etc? Really need to see if this is something I can/want to undertake.
      Thanks
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Country Flag: United States
      Is your side glass curved or flat?

Is the vent window on the same plane as the side glass?

Is there structural elements under the vent window that would keep a window from rolling down?

If you answered flat, yes, no, then make a window channel for the front vertical edge of the glass and a plywood glass template, have it cut, install.

It sounds simple, it usually isn't. Add extra suck if car is a hardtop and you now have to make a piece of glass seal against the A pillar also more suck if you don't have room to a get a parallel straight edge on the front of the glass to keep it from rocking front to back when you roll it up or down.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com