Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Photoshop help.

Country Flag: United States

Photoshop help.

I hate to think I'm so ignorant I cannot do this but, I've tried to take the background out of a picture of my Camaro, and I can't do it. I have Photoshop CS3 (I know, old) and i've been working on this all afternoon but I can't get it to work properly. Can anyone lend me a hand?

Thanks,
      Carl

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Thanks, but I tried that one this afternoon. What I'm finding is that most of these work if the background isn't too cluttered or if the foreground is really pronounced. Mine has trees, houses, truck etc in the background. My car is dark gray and part of the background I want removed is my black truck. Besides that video having no sound, it doesn't tell how to delete after they are picked.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Can you post a pic for reference?

I usually just take the polygonal lasso tool and cut the car out, then copy & paste it so it's its own layer. Then do whatever you want with another layer, or a different background.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Yes sir, I'll post it later today, thanks

Carl Wilson

Here you go Dale:

https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/bMFrc

Of course the picture is not in the right orientation, but I don't know how to turn it...

I hope I'm not going crazy, but, before I could manipulate the picture somewhat making it bigger or smaller but I can't find that page. the way I put this address in was to right click on the photo in Host My Junk and copy the address of the picture. I used to click on the picture then it would ask how I wanted to copy it.

Carl Wilson

Is it along these lines? lol

Name:  minendrews68 photoshop.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  129.2 KB
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Is it along these lines? lol
      Show off. LOL

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Can anyone give me a hand modeling some different wheels on the Cougar? I have a nice straight from the side shot of the car I can email.

If anyone feels like giving me a hand, shoot me a PM.

Thanks
      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by Kenova View Post
      Show off. LOL

Ken
      Ya Think? LOL, that's great! I would ask how but probably over my head anyway. what version of photoshop do you have? (If you used photoshop)

Carl Wilson

I think where I was having my problem is trying to separate the car from the concrete. I couldn't find a definite line at the bottom of the car. I also had a problem with the, no, all of it...

This needs to be the new background on my computer!

Carl Wilson

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com