Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Rodknock View Post
      Opening up this old thread with a question. I see the Terminator X Max will do DBW, but will it do dual DBW TB's if I were to run a crossram manifold like the Edelbrock? If not, I guess I would have to step up to the Dominator.
      If you need dual DBW, you need the Dominator, which is what I have on my Cougar.

Andrew

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      If you need dual DBW, you need the Dominator, which is what I have on my Cougar.

Andrew

OK, that's what I figured. Also do you know if cruise control can be operated by the Dominator, or is it something that is usually "stand alone"
      I'm putting a TT LQ4 in my 69 Camaro, and I have a HUGE learning curve to go through with all this electronic stuff..

Thank you for the help and info. I'll continue to keep reading and hopefully not ask too many stupid questions.
      John Rodko
      69 RS/SS Camaro.
      Heidts Pro G IRS w/ 3:90 gear, Heidts Pro G front
      6.0L LQ4 to be TT
      6 speed or 4L80E, that is the question..hmmm
      Future plans for full TMI interior

As far as I know, nobody has a working cruise control on the Dominator or any other Holley system.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      As far as I know, nobody has a working cruise control on the Dominator or any other Holley system.

Andrew
      I think Dakota Digital's system can be made to work. I should know in a few weeks. I'm wiring my car now.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Cool!! Yeah, just curious. At the rate I'm going though, the government might mandate we go to electric cars
      John Rodko
      69 RS/SS Camaro.
      Heidts Pro G IRS w/ 3:90 gear, Heidts Pro G front
      6.0L LQ4 to be TT
      6 speed or 4L80E, that is the question..hmmm
      Future plans for full TMI interior

I was looking at the X MAX but it looks like it only has 1 O2 sensor. Is this correct?
      A mans garage is his castle.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
      I was looking at the X MAX but it looks like it only has 1 O2 sensor. Is this correct?
      That is correct. The X Max adds transmission control and DBW. Even if running a manual transmission, I always recommend that people get the Max for the DBW. Also, the Max has the ability to take a VSS input from a stock T56 speed sensor. Having a speed input opens up useful tuning options.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Well....I thought my Terminator X Max was pretty good until it stopped working....Apparently there is an issue with the LS1 style wiring harnesses that stops the fuel pump and injectors from working....I haven’t even out 5 miles on the car and my green wire went dead. No blown fuses, relay still clicks, just no power to the wire....Adding 12+to the wire allows the car to fire but it runs like crap....Holley is sending me a new wiring harness and I get the AWESOME experience of trying to install it with the engine already in the car.....I installed the original harness beforehand......If I had to do it all over again, I would use a stock PCM, reworked harness and a shop tune....About the same cost with less BS!

Im using it with no problems, I recommend LSX Power Tuning in Brenham for Mail Order Stuff.

1970 Chevelle SS

408 Forged LSX, LSA Blower, 4L80E, Ridetech HQ, Baer Brakes, Weld S71
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS
      Heads, Cam, Bolt On's, BBS Wheels, Moton Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Juice.Lee View Post
      Well....I thought my Terminator X Max was pretty good until it stopped working....Apparently there is an issue with the LS1 style wiring harnesses that stops the fuel pump and injectors from working....I haven’t even out 5 miles on the car and my green wire went dead. No blown fuses, relay still clicks, just no power to the wire....Adding 12+to the wire allows the car to fire but it runs like crap....Holley is sending me a new wiring harness and I get the AWESOME experience of trying to install it with the engine already in the car.....I installed the original harness beforehand......If I had to do it all over again, I would use a stock PCM, reworked harness and a shop tune....About the same cost with less BS!
      Did Holley say exactly what the issue is with the harness?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Bringing this thread back to see if anyone has any recent experience with the Terminator X setup for these engines. I’m debating between doing a Terminator X setup, or a factory E38 with a Speartech harness. I have experience with Holley’s tuning software as well as HP Tuners, so both will work for me. With the Holley, I’m most concerned with bugs and weird issues like have been mentioned above.
      Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

I have about 800 miles on my terminator x max in my 64 Nova with and lc9 and 4l60. Very happy so far. I’m not a tuner, but I’ve been learning, and the changes I’ve made have improved in the idle area. I really like some of the tunability around fan options, knock sensors, and trans control.

I too had reservations about the reliability of an aftermarket computer versus the gm e38. Time will tell. I need this car to be dead reliable!
      Tim

67 Camaro RS

64 Nova SS

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Kid View Post
      I have about 800 miles on my terminator x max in my 64 Nova with and lc9 and 4l60. Very happy so far. I’m not a tuner, but I’ve been learning, and the changes I’ve made have improved in the idle area. I really like some of the tunability around fan options, knock sensors, and trans control.

I too had reservations about the reliability of an aftermarket computer versus the gm e38. Time will tell. I need this car to be dead reliable!
      If I can help with the tuning, let me know.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Digging up an old threat - reached out to Andrew via email. Hoping to use his services soon!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Hey guys any update on cruise control? Has anyone had success yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com