Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1955 Chevy 6.0 all wheel drive

Having finished my 6.0 GTO swap into a 69 Camaro, I started on a new project a Chevy Trailblazer chassis under a 55 Chevy pickup, swap going pretty good with everything fitting with just some modifications. The issue I am now having is that I have disconnected the power door locks, power windows, etc. , things I won’t use in the swap but I didn’t think about the alarm/ security in Chevy ,so now it is in lockout alarm and will not start. I have talked to several ecm companies and they been of no help because they don’t do bcm’s. Any input, suggestions, and or experience with this would really help me. I could get it to start by rewiring, but there are other things that I would want to work that are controlled by the bcm.
      Thanks Jeff
      Attached Images Attached Images  

You need to tune the vats security out of it. Not sure if it can be done with hp tuners but you can also have a tuner disable it also.

I talked to HP tuners out of Chicago, said they only tune the ecm not the bcm , so still looking for answers.Thanks for your response.
      Jeff

I think one way to go would be to spoof the BCM by attaching loads that emulate what is normally connected to the unused interfaces. At least that is the way I would proceed initially. It might be as simple as adding pull-up resistors etc.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I've been thinking of doing something like this. What other pitfalls have you had to overcome? Any build pics?
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

That was my initial thoughts to, just don’t know where to start as far as resistors. Was thinking about connecting door locks as though they are open tricking bcm into thinking doors are unlocked but don’t know if there is a signal/ pulse involved are just a negative trigger that’s why I was hoping someone has run into this before.
      Thanks for your response
      Jeff

I used firewall and floorpan out of the trailblazer, no big pitfalls, trailblazer is within an inch of 55 wheelbase. Had to move body mounts and give up some bed height. Don’t have a ton of photos but would help you with issues once you get started. Biggest issue I have is this GM passcode cause I want to use as much of trailblazer as I can including steering wheel, console, dash, instrumentation,hvac, etc. and it all runs through bcm. If I can get this resolved others can make this same mod .
      Thanks Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by camaro jeff View Post
      That was my initial thoughts to, just don’t know where to start as far as resistors. Was thinking about connecting door locks as though they are open tricking bcm into thinking doors are unlocked but don’t know if there is a signal/ pulse involved are just a negative trigger that’s why I was hoping someone has run into this before.
      Thanks for your response
      Jeff
      You could just shotgun it and try 4.7k pull-up resistors on the unused lines. Unlikely anything would be damaged. I’m guessing you are a trailblazer on this one.

There is a member here, blitzer454, who might be a good person to ping. He knows a lot about these systems.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com