Country Flag: Australia

Wipple or Magnuson

Hi Guys,
    I am in the process of putting together a 69 Gto and am doing an LS3 swap with a blower. question any preference between a Whipple or a Magnuson?

just looking for opinions

thanks in advance

Mark

Country Flag: United States
    Are you considering the Whipple 2.9 vs Magnuson 2.3?
    Or another size?

In my opinion, choosing blowers is like choosing oil. They will have minimal differences.

However, if you're keeping the LS3 stock and throwing a blower on it, I'd go the Mag 2.3L as you don't really need 2.9L.
    If you're building a higher hp monster, then stepping up to a 2.9L may be the way to go.

Consider the serpentine drive system options as well. Wegner & Concept One make them for various blowers.

-Dale
    SchwartzPerformance
    The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
    SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
    Are you considering the Whipple 2.9 vs Magnuson 2.3?
    Or another size?

In my opinion, choosing blowers is like choosing oil. They will have minimal differences.

However, if you're keeping the LS3 stock and throwing a blower on it, I'd go the Mag 2.3L as you don't really need 2.9L.
    If you're building a higher hp monster, then stepping up to a 2.9L may be the way to go.

Consider the serpentine drive system options as well. Wegner & Concept One make them for various blowers.

-Dale

Hi Dale
    thanks for you imput

Country Flag: Canada
    What are your goals? Both options can do over 800rwhp.

Country Flag: United States
    You should also consider the new Magnuson R2650 if your are aiming for higher horsepower goals. That said if you aren’t really looking for more than 650-700rwhp then you might also consider the LSA supercharger for a substantial savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave95Z28 View Post
    You should also consider the new Magnuson R2650 if your are aiming for higher horsepower goals. That said if you arenít really looking for more than 650-700rwhp then you might also consider the LSA supercharger for a substantial savings.
    Hi Dave,
    We are looking for around 800 rwhp and ill take a look at the R2650