Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Best chassis materials?

I have been back and forth about what materials I want to use on my Blazer. I have thought about building a complete 1 3/4 dom tube chassis, 2x3 or 2x4 main frame and build up from that with 1 3/4 dom tubing.
      I have been looking at hundreds of pictures and reading as much as I can about this but seems to go either way and depends on the builder from what I see. I am building a s10 Blazer with C5 front and rear suspension and can't decide what direction would be best. I am learning here so any suggestions or ideas are highly appreciated.

Country Flag: United States
      What is the intended use? Street? Auto X?
      2 x 4 x 1/8 wall is the go to material for most builds. That is what I used for the Astro frame. The rectangular tubing will build a nice stiff chassis without needing a lot of additional bracing other then a good K member. The cage can be built on top to add torsional stiffness. You could also use the original frame and modify that to carry the new suspension pickup points.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Thank you for the reply. It is going to be used for some street but mostly hillclimbs and road racing. I was going to modify the original frame but only about 4 feet of it will be left so decided to just build a whole new setup and bring the rails farther out to the rockers for more room.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com