Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 doors on a 67

I know that this has been asked before, but I haven't seen any threads that have a clear cut solution. Has anyone been able to put '68 doors on a '67 Camaro successfully and if so, how? Thanks!

I am sure I will get the typical- "Buy a '68 instead" or "Wing windows are awesome" but I have a '67 and prefer the clean look of no wing windows. TIA

Country Flag: United States
      The biggest challenge is the door mounts. The mounts on the doors are different between 67 & 68 (3 vs 4 bolts), I don't remember which one is which.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

67 is 3 bolt, 68 is 4 bolt.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      67 is 3 bolt, 68 is 4 bolt.
      That is correct. Trying to figure out if anyone has figured out a solve for making the 2 work. I have heard of people relocating the mounting plates on both the cowl as well as the door. I would prefer the door over the cowl, as I wouldn't want to permanently alter the body and give someone the choice of going back to '67 doors in the future, if I were to sell the car.

Buy repop 68 door jambs and either section them in or replace them entirely. Cleanest way to go imho.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

you know, I've had both and I don't remember, but, can you just take the side window out of the '67?

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Thought about doing this too. Why coudn't you weld up the four holes on the 68 hinge that mounts to the body, get the door positioned on the body about where it needs to be then drill three new holes in the hinge to mate to the 67 body?

Nevermind. That wouldn't work, I forgot the 68 hinge is a totally different design.

And again, is it possible to take the wing window assembly out of the door on the '67? I don't know.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com