Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

AAW, Ron Francis, Painless, other? What's the most complete?

Looking for experience here. Going to rewire my chevelle to get rid of the birds nest and 50 year old wiring for waiting to happen. I'm looking for the most complete kit that updates everything as well. So, what's the best?

Also, what happened to Isis wiring? That was pretty sweet wasn't it?

Thanks all!
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Go with American Autowire classic update kit. Isis wiring changed their name to infinitybox.

x2 on the AAW Classic Update kit! Their wiring kit has provision for all the stock circuits with several "extra" circuits for modern accessories and a modern style ATC fuse box. Each sub-section of wiring is individually bagged with connectors and a clear wiring diagram. You can also download the circuit diagrams and instructions sheets from their website, which helped me decide to the AAW kit was the way to go for my project.
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

X3 on the AAW Classic Update. It's the most complete kit out there with the connectors, rubber pieces, etc. instructions are excellent and you've got enough wire to custom route things. You've got plenty of circuits whether you're running an LS, EFI, carbureted engine or bone stock accessories. You won't be sorry!
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

I had pretty much already settled on the AAW kit. Im thinking you guys just solidified the decision.

I looked at infinity box............and at first I was going to say my wiring budget was going to be a lot. But NOT that much. Cool system and I love the automation portion but DAMN.
      IG - @tc_chevelle

AAW has always been helpful. They are available and answer questions when you need them.

Never had any complaints about anything I purchased from them.

I used AAW Classic Update on my Camaro, very happy with it.

Painless came out with a newer version of theirs that they didn't have when I did My AAW 3-4 years ago. I looked at their instructions online I would consider it along with the AAW. it looks pretty good, check out both instructions and decide.

I haven't used the newest Painless kit with their updated instructions but their "old" universal kits instructions have been the same for the last 15 years in other words very dated.
      The Painless kits I've used in the past have worked well but I don't think they worth the extra money they charge. Also they offer rebates after I've bought the kit.
      Their tech services are good at answering questions.

I just put an aaw kit in my 69 camaro,absolutely love it!!! You will too.

For what it's worth; I purchased Painless Wiring's direct fit body wiring harness kit for my 1969 Chevelle. Because the wires are not loomed I went through the harness last week to cover it and isolate some items I will not be using and I have to say their instructions are very user friendly. The harness routes exactly to where everything was placed stock; each wire is individually marked every 4/5 inches so you know what that wire does/where it goes. I've only laid it out in my Chevelle but I'm pleased for what I paid for.

When I purchased it a couple years ago; I also was able to get a $100 rebate on it, so that was a plus.

Country Flag: Canada
      How many hours is it taking you guys to get the AAW update kit installed? Or how many hours through a shop?

I pulled the AAW kit on the box when it came. I love that its not just one giant box of wires but like many little kits inside of the big kit.

Having LS swapped with aftermarket gauges, this should go a lot faster than if I had to do the whole dash harness and engine harness.

IG - @tc_chevelle

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com