Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

VBP Transverse leaf srping F Body parts

If anyone has any left over VBP F body parts lying around, I'd be interested in purchasing them. I'm mainly looking for the transverse spring and the lower A Arms.

Thanks.

I have the front transverse spring and lower arms for a C3 corvette. I don't honestly know if they are the same or not. If you find that they are the same and will work, let me know and I'll get them out of the attic and send some pics.
      Jim..Car Junkie
      1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
      RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
      68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

I'll try to get my car up on the lift and measure the spring. I would guess they might have used the same springs across the applications to save costs. If the arch is close and the eye to eye measurement is the same and the width is the same, I'd be willing to take a chance on it.

At your leisure, take a look at the spring. It should have K= ### written on it somewhere. On the F Body, the number would be between 850-950.

Looking at pictures, the lower A Arms are going to be different.

My spring is 45 3/4 inches from center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole. It is 2 1/4 inches wide. It has an arch of 2 1/4 inches. Let me know if your C3 spring is close. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
      My spring is 45 3/4 inches from center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole. It is 2 1/4 inches wide. It has an arch of 2 1/4 inches. Let me know if your C3 spring is close. Thanks.
      I don't think this one will work. It's 42 inch center to center. The arch is about the the same, but I don't think you could make up almost 2 inches per side without causing issues.

Wish I had better news for you.
      Jim..Car Junkie
      1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
      RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
      68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

I appreciate you checking. I would agree that would put the end links in a pretty good bind. It looks like Van Steel bought up the rights and or equipment from VBP and is supposed to be making springs by the end of the year. I might be in luck yet!!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com