Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Ls3 header question

I have a new LS3 / 376 - 480 installed in my second gen. I’m debating on staying with the stock exhaust manifolds or going with headers.

I’ve heard headers will cause the plug wires to burn on my engine.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

I've had headers on mine for years and never burned a plug wire, and I don't even have the metal heat shields on my wires. I'd go with headers again if it was me. Mine is in a g body though, I don't think that will make a difference though

I’ve burned plug wires on other engines with headers, usually small block chevys.
      I haven’t burned any wires on any LS with headers other than ones with turbo manifolds.
      So you’ll be fine!

We sell Ultimate Headers, Hooker, and Stainless works if you’re looking for any of those makes.
      I’d recommend against the $200 eBay ones. Lol

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com