Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Delayed turbo 400 shifting

Took the car out for the first time since last fall, and the car is having some shifting issues. If I start in 1st, and shift to second, it will not upshift. If I then shift to 3rd, it jumps past second into 3rd. If I start in drive, it seems to stay in first for a delayed period until higher speed and then jumps up. There are no leaks and it was shifting perfectly when it was parked. Fluid levels are perfect when hot....and is about 2 years old....maybe 250 miles on this trans fluid. Any ideas? Thanks!

69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, QA'1's, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

So I had another issue with my power brakes....there was no vacuum. I found the cause with a cracked grommet attachment from the manifold to the booster. Could that have any effect on the shifting of the transmission?
      69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, QA'1's, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com