Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Make your own hose clamps.

I have been using a ClampTite tool to make hose clamps for a few years now and I got to wondering if anyone has heard of this tool. Handy tool to keep around.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Pretty cool, but it looks like you need quite a bit of real estate to work around in order to get that done. I might be able to get that on my upper radiator hose, but that seems like about it.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

I use Gates heat shrink clamps myself. The wire clamps look as if they they might be easy to get off -- which the Gates most surely are not.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Name:  91oKL-KdliL._SY879_.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  68.1 KB
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      I use Gates heat shrink clamps myself. The wire clamps look as if they they might be easy to get off -- which the Gates most surely are not.
      I have used those heat shrink clamps in the past as well. My gripe with them is that you have to have exactly the correct size for the hose you are clamping and they are not exactly cheap and not reusable. The ClampTite tool does take some room to work but you can get into some pretty tight places you just have to plan the movement. What I really like about the ClampTite is that I can throw it in the tool box in my enclosed trailer along with a spool of safety wire and I can repair all sorts of things on the road. My neighbor carries the tool and wire in his RV and he finds uses for it all the time. In fact we were talking the other day and he had just used it to repair a rusted out exhaust pipe hanger.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I have the Clamptites and love them. They look clean, and have a nice 360 degree clamping force... and won't cut the hose like so many of the cheap hose clamps these days. Also like that you can just use any bailing wire for this.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

i bought that tool at pri back in like 2010 or so. its ok. i used it a bunch when i felt like i had to in order to justify the cost, but lately i only use safety wire for bolts and exhaust wrap, and i use the standard spinning pliers. hose clamps are cheap and easy.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com