Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

8.8 - Rear Suspension

Hi All,

Got my hands on a Ford 8.8 rear end for my 67 Camaro. Anybody else running this in the 1st Gen? if so please share what rear suspension you decided to run, and if there was anything you ran into in the install process.

Thanks.

Country Flag: United States
      Pretty straight forward, get the length right and brackets of choice. It’s just like a 10 bolt. People even run these with the quadra link.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Pretty straight forward, get the length right and brackets of choice. It’s just like a 10 bolt. People even run these with the quadra link.
      Yea the rear end stock is the exact length I need for the wheels I got which was one of the reason I was attracted to it. I was hoping to get a bolt in 4 link kit but might have to get a universal one and do the fab.

I wonder if I get the ride tech kit for Ford 9 inch if it would come together.

Country Flag: United States
      Call ridetech and ask them. They may offer weld on brackets for the 8.8 that are not in their catalog.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Call ridetech and ask them. They may offer weld on brackets for the 8.8 that are not in their catalog.
      I did they didn't really have any pertinent info. doing some quick research the Ford 9 and 8.8 both have the same size axle tubes (3.25") so just thinking out loud what stumbling block would i potentially have installing the kit made for the Ford 9 inch?

Country Flag: Canada
      If you are using a four link similar to ridetech's the only thing you need to be aware of is where the upper brackets are positioned. Are they welded to the tubes or the round center, which would be a casting on the 8.8.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com