Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Belgium

Truck wheels for a cougar??

As the title said...anyone ever put truck wheels on a muscle car?
      Reason i ask is i was looking for wheels and came across these below.
      Was sold immediately to them, love the style and color and was already doing measurements on my car to see which size i would take.

Then i found out these are wheels for offroad vehicles and suv's etc...

They have the right bolt pattern for my car so it should work out..
      Not sure about tire fitment because there might be a difference in lip size...and maybe only a big tire will fit ?

What are your thoughts on installing them and what about tire fitment ?
      And do you guys have any alternatives in this style?
      (hard to find the bronze looking wheels it seems)

https://www.americanracing.com/produ...with-black-lip

Country Flag: United States
      Check the weight compared to a similar automotive wheel. They may be quite a bit heavier. Tirerack.com lists the weight of the wheels. A quick look tells me you will be adding quite a bit of rotating and unsprung mass to your ride. You will need to select the proper size. Check other wheels in the same size. I bet you will add 5 to 7 pounds per corner when compared to a good aluminum performance automotive wheel.

I am not aware of any other differences as long as the bolt pattern, center hole and offset are correct.

There's lots of options in wheels that can be had in a bronze color out there that would work better in your situation. Or at the very least you can paint the wheels in bronze.
      Tracey

Yeah that was option 2 for me, buy ones i like the style of and paint them.

But when i look at wheels in a bronze color, the few i find are like 700 dollar a piece...bit to much for me to be honest.

I don't know that many brands which sells wheels for a cougar...
      is there a list on the forum of websites where you can buy wheels, now i am just using google but allot of the time i see companies which do not provide the needed bolt pattern ( 5x4.5).

Greets and thanks so far

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 70CougarXr7 View Post
      Yeah that was option 2 for me, buy ones i like the style of and paint them.

But when i look at wheels in a bronze color, the few i find are like 700 dollar a piece...bit to much for me to be honest.

I don't know that many brands which sells wheels for a cougar...
      is there a list on the forum of websites where you can buy wheels, now i am just using google but allot of the time i see companies which do not provide the needed bolt pattern ( 5x4.5).

Greets and thanks so far
      The wheels from an early Mustang will also fit as long as you get the 5-bolt wheels. Most early Fords and a lot of Chrysler (Dodge and Plymouth), and AMC cars had the 5X4.5 bolt pattern. It is fairly common. Continue to search for 5X4.5 bolt pattern with the offset and width that you want. There should be some good choices.

Also check 5X114.3. It is the same size. It is common on many newer vehicles.

Here is a list: http://www.wheelsupport.com/bolt-pat...ist-5-x-114-3/

Bill,

Thanks, knowing to look for 5x114.3 gives me allot of new wheels on the internet!

Cheers

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com