Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LED indicators for turn signals and brights

Tito,

I noticed the LED's in the dash of the car you posted on Manny's console thread, did you put those in or someone else?

I bought some LED's at a swap meet with pig tailes and mounting grommets and plan on using them for the turn signals and the brights. Do you or anyone else out there know if you have to add a resitor in line with them or just wire them up? I'm still a ways off from wiring but the pic reminded me that I need to find out.

Thanks,
      Dennis

I've never used LED's in a dash before, so this is an honest question:

Won't LED's be awfully bright at night, shining in your face??
      -Matt

Welders: The only people that think a co-worker catching on fire is funny.

Just in case you don't know, polarity matters with LED's. Anode and cathode. Found out the hard way the other day.
      Brian
      '68 Chevy Stepside-Fatman, HTH, 8.8, Baer, Hydratech, LS1/T56. I know it's a truck but you gotta start somewhere and I need the challenge.

I used 12v panel mount LED's for my turn signals, high beam and parking brake warning light, and they aren't too bright at all. If you felt that yours are too bight, you could increase the size of the current limiting resistor.

Here's a pic of my dash with the LED's...

Scott
      Twin Turbo 434 SBC, T56, Baer brakes, HRE wheels, etc...
      My 69 Camaro
      Lateral-g.net

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com