Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

high shipping costs

i am still in shock at these shipping costs!!! these prices are for $9.00 worth of rubber gas line. I emailed rockauto about the cost and they say their shipping cost are accurate. Anyone else seen shipping cost this high?

Name:  shipcost.JPG
Views: 551
Size:  29.4 KB

Rock auto scams everyone on their shipping costs. Google it. If you add or delete items in your cart to try and get things to match "shippers" they "use" they'll keep alerting the shipping locations to keep the shipping costs high. Parts are cheap but the shipping is were they're making a killing.

I ordered 6 things from them once and got charged 3 different shipping costs. When the box arrived all 6 items were all in the same box?? 3 different shippers??Contacted them with no real answer.
      Ahmad B.

I will not give Rockauto any more of my money.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I used to buy from them often but shipping costs have jumped and i can usually find a better deal elsewhere. They usually offer lower cost USPS options though. Was that the lowest cost they had?

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I have a hard time actually buying more than just one or two things on Rock Auto. These days, Amazon gets a large portion of my car parts business.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I will not give Rockauto any more of my money.

Andrew
      What trouble did you have with them Andrew? Shipping costs as well?
      Ahmad B.

Try summit racing.

Summit racing usually has everything I need that rock auto has and good shipping prices. Problem I have is I have to spend over $100 to get the free shipping with Summit

Speedway Motors, Summit Racing, Jegs and Amazon are my picks in that order. Amazon ends up with most of my OEM type business.

Summit and Jegs now charge me 8.25% sales tax so I use them only when I need something fast. Speedway is my new go to source....

I hate Amazon. High prices and sales tax. And that Prime ripoff.... Rarely order from them.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I ordered some pads and rotors for my Evo from Rockauto a couple weeks back. At first, they wanted something like $60 for shipping. I decided to shop around to see if I can get everything cheaper. Nope, couldnt. Went back to Rockauto a few days later to just suck it up and place the order and then the shipping was only $25. The odd thing was that they were still shipping from 2 different warehouses, same as the first $60 quote....

Rockauto has great prices but if the parts are shipping from multiple warehouses, those great prices arent great anymore.
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Summit and Jegs now charge me 8.25% sales tax so I use them only when I need something fast. Speedway is my new go to source....

I hate Amazon. High prices and sales tax. And that Prime ripoff.... Rarely order from them.

Don

I find killer deals on Amazon pretty often. Sometimes I need the parts, sometimes I buy them to keep on hand, sometimes I just pass them along.

They're pricing structure drops pricing depending on how slowly something moves.

1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzz View Post
      Problem I have is I have to spend over $100 to get the free shipping with Summit
      At least you have that option. It doesn't matter how much I spend at Summit, I still pay shipping.
      Maybe I was born on the wrong side of the border.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

shipping cost did go up in January form every carrier UPS, fed ex, USPS along with truck freight cost, it does suck because I had to increase my shipping on many items, some companies i work with are absorbing part of shipping cost and I absorb part of it also and pass on only a little to the customer.... so I make less, for the same or more work but shipping is a factor on many sales.... tough for us little guys to get ahead, that's why the big box stores win, they profit in volume

Yup the sales tax has killed my frequent shopper status at Summit. I have also noticed they are more expensive in a lot of things. Try to take advantage of their coupons, but they don’t honor them with price matching. They have lost my business in a lot of ways

trying to buy some Rival Tires. $324 at Summot...$279.99 at Tire Rack! Even with their coupon..still more money.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Yup the sales tax has killed my frequent shopper status at Summit. I have also noticed they are more expensive in a lot of things. Try to take advantage of their coupons, but they don’t honor them with price matching. They have lost my business in a lot of ways

trying to buy some Rival Tires. $324 at Summot...$279.99 at Tire Rack! Even with their coupon..still more money.
      Hard to beat Tire Rack!

I buy a lot of stuff from Summit just because there is a Warehouse fairly close by, If I order before 3PM I will get it the next day. I know that doesn't help a lot of you guys but for me the convenience is pretty hard to ignore.
      About to make poor choices and regrettable decisions

I go with Summit and Speedway for most of my "regular" purchases. The tax thing doesn't matter for us Coloradoans anymore. Our wonderful state government implemented a "use tax" a few years ago. Anything I order from any decent sized outfit requires them to send me a letter with how much I spent when tax time comes. I then have to claim it on my taxes and it affects my return. I just make sure I always hit the free shipping amount!
      Summits customer service is top notch. I received my new wheels on the 8th and haven't had time to look at them between work and bad weather. Today (the 25th) I finally had time to look at them and found one of them bent on the lip. Called customer service and within about two minutes I was told a new wheel was on the way. Had the tracking number emailed to me about an hour later.
      Matt H.

Check out Auto Anything they send me 15-25% off coupons and they match prices on what they sell.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

The sales tax thing IS Coming!! and soon you will be paying tax from all suppliers. I think. Here in Utah the individual is "SUPPOSED" to remit the tax for any online out of state purchases they make............... wonder how that is going ???
      it will be unavoidable at some point. Back in Canada we had a 7% tax on EVERYTHING you purchased. for the business it was an in /out deal so if you collected 100.00 and paid 100.00 it was a wash but personally you just paid it on everything. I honestly cant believe the US has not gone this way.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com