Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Gen 6 center console with TR6060 in a 1968 Camaro

Hey folks... Just trying to do some research here for some parts I purchased and wanted to know if anyone has tried this combo? What shifter did you use? I am using the Detroit speed engine mounts on a Detroit Speed subframe standard setting.

Thanks in advance...

Shout out to @joeko23 for starting this dream of an idea !!!

Thanks! All depends which dash your going with. For me I used a 13-15 Camaro shifter. My subframe is a chassisworks frame but their LS mounts put the engine in stock location I believe. So if your DSE mounts are in stock location then you will have similar setup to mine. But going back to the beginning all depends what dash you will use. Just for you to get a ballpark location of where my shifter comes out (I’m not sure the technical term/name) but It’s almost dead straight with the start of the seat pan thing. Where the floor kicks up an inch or so to mount the seat. Give me more info on your dash

I totally used the CLA250 dash..... AGAIN ... stole your idea.......Just got it in today.. I am totally going to have to do some retro fitting but actually having the pieces in hand makes a lot more sense of what I have to do. I finally realized that I have to just continue building this car and measure twice and cut once. There isn't too much I can do before getting to that point. So many variables are in place. Right now I am putting on the sheet metal together marking drilling then taking it all back apart to make sure I am on point. The crate LSA and MG9 TR6060 should be here within two weeks... I have all the Detroit Speed stuff I need including the Pedal mount. I received the CLA250 Dash today in which I should of waited ........ Long story...... and I did get the 2018 Center console. I think instead of using speed techs tunnel which I have.. I will just get a piece cut out of a late model camaro and make it work with the studs to mount this console. I think the issue I will have is aligning the shifter with the boot and the transmission. I really appreciate your knowledge and time... NOW GET BACK TO YOURS

I was going to go the route of grafting in a whole tranny tunnel from a 6 gen Camaro but after waiting and waiting in vendors to cut the tunnel out I just made my own tunnel riser. You only need about 1” of clearance in the front portion of the shifter towards the rear of the shifter it’s basically flat with the 69 Camaro tunnel. I made no other mods to the tunnel. As far as the mounting check out the pics I sent you. Just welded in some L brackets and in the rear welded in 1/4-20 nuts and that’s it. 2 bolts in the front and 2 bolts in the rear hold the console in place.

Back on this !!!! How’s your project

Hey Nick! I pulled the engine and installed a smooth firewall plate. I’m also tying up some loose ends. The Heidts IRS kit came with subframe connectors and my front subframe is from chassisworks so I had to do some thinking and fabricating to get the 2 to play nice with each other. I’m also mocking up some billet trunk hinges I got from eBay. They came with no instructions so that will be fun! Anyway check out my build thread I posted pics there of the firewall. Came out great!

Post up some pics of your dash and center console when you get it together.

Awesome and will do ! Did you use the smooth firewall sheet metal I see for sale on eBay? I was thinking about doing that to mine as well...

Yes bought on eBay. Here is the link. I asked them to dimple the top then fill

https://www.ebay.com/itm/67-69-Chevy...l/251918366676

Nice ! Did you cut out the old?

I will DM you what I have going on ! Hope you are staying healthy....

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com