Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1964 Comet Caliente

I purchased this car from the second owner. He is a general contractor and found it in the original owners garage while doing some work for her. The car has been in Washington State since new. Still has the original Washington plate on it. My plan was to build an A/FX clone eventually. It is a factory K Code Mercury 289/4 barrel bucket seat/console car. It still wears the original Wimbledon White paint. The original seats were sent directly to falconcometinteriors.com and redone to show quality standards in the original red upholstery. I purchased new arm rest, dash pad, visors, package tray, and carpet from them as well. The original console has also been restored. Most dash pieces and column covers have been rechromed.

I put out new tires and exhaust on the car. I was undecided between putting a rebuilt C4 in it or a manual transmission. A rebuilt C4 and new torque converter come with the car. The transmission in the car leaks from the output seal. The original 289 has been rebuilt. Original owners manual included.

Fox Island, WA
      $12,500
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      1968 Chevelle 408 BBC,200 4r trans.
      1987 Buick Grand National all original
      1966 Chevy II Coupe 383 TCI Suspension
      1969 C10 Custom FS/SB Daily

Country Flag: United States

1964 Comet Caliente

Name:  IMG_0038.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  86.8 KB

My dad has the same car but in black... His is not for sale though...

Good luck with the sale

Brian

Country Flag: United States
      Very Nice!

Very nice. When I was looking I wanted a White with red interior car as that is what most of the famous Caliente A/FX cars were. That being said, I would not have passed up a black/red car. If it doesn’t sell, maybe I’ll get to it one day.
      1968 Chevelle 408 BBC,200 4r trans.
      1987 Buick Grand National all original
      1966 Chevy II Coupe 383 TCI Suspension
      1969 C10 Custom FS/SB Daily

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com