Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Moving, Need to transport car.

So Im being transferred from Las Vegas to Alabama. Need to transport the car...Not sure if I want to pull it or pay to have it transported...Already looked into a UHAUL and thats $800! What do you think? Worth the extra cash for auto transport? Or any other options?

Thanks

1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I have moved a couple of times (retired AF) with my car. When I did it, an enclosed transport was around $2500-3000. I just rented a uhaul car hauler and did it myself. No way I would consider an open transport and DO NOT give them your phone number. They will call you for months afterwards.... LOL There are advantages to each way but in my case, I didn't have anyone to meet the transport when it got to the new location. Where are you PCSing to?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

After having two cars shipped I would say pull it yourself unless you use one of the top of the line outfits.

if you have the time, do the UHaul, you'll save money and see some countryside.

I think your car is not finished, so a Roller is more expensive to ship.

Some people will say only use the Big Top End Companies, they have their merit, but sometimes the wait & the price is excessive. I use a Car-Guy Broker (also a customer of mine) and recommend him as he has taken care of other online friends. When he moved my last car ( had to get it before the Carolina Hurricane), my car was picked up in a two-car hauler and to me super quick, super nice guys taking care of my car and an all steel '34. If you want my Brokers #, send me a pm

TC

I had a great experience using US Luxury Shippers when shipping my freshly painted firebird roller. From Utah to CA was $1600 in an enclosed trailer. They move alot of expensive cars. Driver was careful handling it and a big car guy himself. I had some serious doubts he could maneuver down my small/busy CA streets to my steep driveway with such a large truck, but the guy navigated that enclosed trailer like it was nothing.
      Cheers
      Dustin

I've used Reliable a couple times. It's not that expensive if you can drop off and pick up your car at their terminals. I've done this through their terminals in Michigan, Florida and Arizona...not sure where else they're located.

I've used the U-Haul auto transport trailers a number of times with good success. I like the fold down left side fender so you can open the car door.

Call Joan at Eclipse Auto Transport 800 207 3012.

I have used her exclusively for the past 15 years. Shipped 2 last month.

My guess Vegas to Bama OPEN carrier probably $700-$800 depending upon where in Bama.
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Buy a good used trailer, transport car, sell trailer when you get where you are going and break even +/- (or keep it everyone needs a trailer)

Quote Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
      Buy a good used trailer, transport car, sell trailer when you get where you are going and break even +/- (or keep it everyone needs a trailer)
      not a bad idea - the last Trailer I bought was from a guy that came from California! He let me keep the Permanent CA Trailer Plate - I still use it!

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      not a bad idea - the last Trailer I bought was from a guy that came from California! He let me keep the Permanent CA Trailer Plate - I still use it!
      A lot of people think the registration with California Trailer Plates are lifetime registration. That is not the case. Utility trailer plates expire every 5 years and trailer coach plates expire every year just like passenger and commercial vehicles. If you have the registration slip, check the registration slip and you will notice the expiration date. Permanent Trailer Plate means Permanent Plate not Permanent or Lifetime Registration
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      So Im being transferred from Las Vegas to Alabama. Need to transport the car...Not sure if I want to pull it or pay to have it transported...Already looked into a UHAUL and thats $800! What do you think? Worth the extra cash for auto transport? Or any other options?

Thanks
      I moved from Illinois to S. Florida last month and a trailer was less than $300 from Uhaul.
      Kacy
      79 Corvette, 406 SBC, Holley EFI, 700R4

Quote Originally Posted by nokones View Post
      A lot of people think the registration with California Trailer Plates are lifetime registration. That is not the case. Utility trailer plates expire every 5 years and trailer coach plates expire every year just like passenger and commercial vehicles. If you have the registration slip, check the registration slip and you will notice the expiration date. Permanent Trailer Plate means Permanent Plate not Permanent or Lifetime Registration
      Thanks for the Heads Up - it looks legit in case the Florida Po-Po look at it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by KacyZ28 View Post
      I moved from Illinois to S. Florida last month and a trailer was less than $300 from Uhaul.
      Around here they are $55 per day. I figured Vegas to Bama would be 3 days. Nope. $770 plus fees and taxes.
      The difference between an environmentalist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, an environmentalist already has one.

$800 is a great deal. NY to AZ, they quoted me $2,100 for a 26 foot truck and trailer. 4 days

I would check out Racing Junk for a good used enclosed trailer. Once you move you can either keep the trailer to store the car in or sell it.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Hi,
      You can list your car with www.eFravel.com. They match people who want to ship their cars with other people who are interested in driving - such as travelers or other professional drivers who will drive it for free or at very affordable price.
      Good luck!

Looking into transport companies...$2k! Maybe someone like DSE has room
      From a West event going back east lol
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

seems like as much as you have spent with them it's the least they can do!
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
      This....
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com