Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Great info. I have Viking coilovers ready to go on the fronts and double adjustables for the rears of my ‘64. Have never fooled with adjustable shocks before.

Country Flag: United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _BQ View Post
    Great info. I have Viking coilovers ready to go on the fronts and double adjustables for the rears of my ‘64. Have never fooled with adjustable shocks before.

What spring rate did you go with on the fronts? I found that the 350# springs in the front go really well with the factory 140# leaf in the rear.
    1972 C20 Suburban
    1964 Corvette Coupe

It’s the 350s in the front. I am switching to a composite spring in the rear, so we’ll see how that goes. I believe the composite spring is 355 pounds.

If the composite spring doesn’t work out, I can put it on the ‘71.

It’s the 350s in the front. I am switching to a composite spring in the rear, so we’ll see how that goes. I believe the composite spring is 355 pounds.

If the composite spring doesn’t work out, I can put it on the ‘71.

Yea, Ill be curious to hear how that works....

As a reference, the stock small block springs were 280/140 with a 3/4 front sway bar and the big block/F40 springs were 550/305 with a 15/16 bar. With the added weight of the turbo set up, your small block MIGHT be approaching the weight of the factory big block. If thats the case, you may find that you're better off keeping that composite spring in the rear, and swapping the fronts out to the heavier Viking springs as well as upping the front sway bar diameter.
    1972 C20 Suburban
    1964 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post
    Yea, Ill be curious to hear how that works....

As a reference, the stock small block springs were 280/140 with a 3/4 front sway bar and the big block/F40 springs were 550/305 with a 15/16 bar. With the added weight of the turbo set up, your small block MIGHT be approaching the weight of the factory big block. If thats the case, you may find that you're better off keeping that composite spring in the rear, and swapping the fronts out to the heavier Viking springs as well as upping the front sway bar diameter.
    Yeah it’s one of those things I’m just going to have to try out and see. I added weight with the turbos, but we scrapped a lot of weight at the same time, between the accessories, new radiator and fan shroud setup, etc. Hopefully the weight gain was minimal. Won’t know until I get everything installed and start tuning the ride.

Name:  IMG_2825.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  126.7 KB

Well, the hood is on. I feel like that is a good sign.

Like pretty much everyone else, 2020 has put us through the ringer. There have been delays on this build but we’re moving forward and are finally approaching the finish line (fingers crossed).

The car is idling with no leaks. This is big progress. We also struggled with the cooling system holding air pockets and have remedied that situation as well. Only some minor tweaking to the final overflow setup and it’s finished.

These panels are fabricated to protect the hood just above the turbos. The location for these couldn’t have worked out better.
    Name:  IMG_2829.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  147.0 KB

Driveability tune is inbound. Then off to dyno.

Soon.

Stealthy, I like it! Sure wish I would have just knuckled down and bought one of these in my 20's when they were relatively cheap, they are the sexiest Corvette to roll off the line.

Size:  126.7 KBLike pretty much everyone else, 2020 has put us through the ringer. There have been delays on this build but we’re moving forward and are finally approaching the finish line (fingers crossed).
    I guess I get to be the exception, I made more headway on my turd this year than I have in a long time. I was fortunate enough to have time off with pay during the early part of the year. My wife was working at home so I spent a bunch of time in the garage to let her concentrate and the car saw some actual progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Stealthy, I like it! Sure wish I would have just knuckled down and bought one of these in my 20's when they were relatively cheap, they are the sexiest Corvette to roll off the line.

Size:  126.7 KBLike pretty much everyone else, 2020 has put us through the ringer. There have been delays on this build but we’re moving forward and are finally approaching the finish line (fingers crossed).
    I guess I get to be the exception, I made more headway on my turd this year than I have in a long time. I was fortunate enough to have time off with pay during the early part of the year. My wife was working at home so I spent a bunch of time in the garage to let her concentrate and the car saw some actual progress.

I just realized I posted my updates in the wrong 1964 Corvette thread. Sheesh.

My bad FlyNavy.

hahaha....the best part is, I read your update, and didn't even realize it was in my thread!
    1972 C20 Suburban
    1964 Corvette Coupe

LOL that’s awesome

Love the Stance of the Corvette. Excellent work and choices.

Nice mod's, great looking car..

Just found your build thread. I love the period road racer type look you are going with.

I'll tell you honestly though, There is something totally bad-ass about the simple, understated look with the black steelies.
    Jim..Car Junkie
    1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
    RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
    68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by jimco84x View Post
    Just found your build thread. I love the period road racer type look you are going with.

I'll tell you honestly though, There is something totally bad-ass about the simple, understated look with the black steelies.
    Agreed....I may get a set of black 17 inch steelies with some more modern rubber at some point....just to alternate the look a bit.

I really wish a set of vintage, made in the USA TT2s weren't $4500+ as thats what Id really like to have on the car.
    1972 C20 Suburban
    1964 Corvette Coupe

I really wish a set of vintage, made in the USA TT2s weren't $4500+ as thats what Id really like to have on the car.
    That is a bunch of money for old 15 inch wheels. We both know that the right wheels can make or break the entire build, but I don't know if I could do $4500 for a set of wheels that wasn't pure track car. New repro TT2's are out there, but it just isn't the same. Not many wheels made in the USA at all anymore.

Jim..Car Junkie
    1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
    RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
    68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

Agreed completely. Its hard to justify that amount for old 15" wheels when you can get a set of Made the USA Forgelines or CCWs for about that money. Since PS Engineering got bought up by Coker, who has not thus far continued to offer their wheels, there are no Made in the USA 15" wheels available.

The mini-lite repros made by Trans Am Engineering may be an option as they're made in Australia and have a good record on the track.
    1972 C20 Suburban
    1964 Corvette Coupe

They do look Sweet!
    Wayne
    Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
    Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5