Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jayme's hotrod

Jayme's hotrod

Thought I would share my new project. If any of you were following my other build on the s10 Blazer I am sorry but I have re purposed the chassis I built from it for this project. My divorce is finally over and I worked on the Blazer with a lot of anger over the last couple years and got to the point I couldn't even look at it anymore because of the ex so the body is gone. But the good thing is I am now finally building the hot rod I have always wanted. Still running the C5 Z06 running gear. I am new to this level of build so open to ideas.

What's left of the Blazer

Where I am at now. I have always wanted to build a car from scratch so Tudor style hot rod it is!

Country Flag: United States
      Subscribed
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

This will be great fun to watch. I like your stick figure view of a Tudor.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

subscribed
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Thank you for the interest. Here is where I left off a couple days ago. I am working on this with a lot of other projects so it is going to take a while to complete but do plan on working on it a day or two a week.

Getting the door frames and roof line figured out has been a lot of fun because I am after a certain look that I have in my head.

I am trying to get some sheetmetal on it soon, but here is where I am at. The Holiday's and winter weather gave be a lot of extra time to work out in the shop.

Building doors is a lot of fun. Now both are framed in with Autolok hinges and latches.

Trying to decide if I want to start skinning the doors or start on the firewall today.

Like where this is heading!
      My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

Here is where I am at. I ordered an English wheel and it should be here any day now hopefully. The transmission tunnel is almost done along with a few other little parts. Lots of learning and it has been a lot of fun.

Trying to decide if I want to put a license plate in the roll pan or not. If I do thinking about putting a hidden hitch behind it for towing a little trailer in the future.

Trying to figure out the front end so I can finish the firewall and cowling. Going to cut the model a fenders up to stretch and widen them.

cool build

Thank you!

I'm digging this build.
      I'm subscribed keep it up
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Here is where I ended today. Got a lot done in the last few days. I didn't like the way the windshield pillars and doors looked so re did them. I do like the windshield sitting back farther now than the way it was before and like the shape of the doors also. I started on the roof today and going to try to have it all welded up in the next couple weeks.

Bought an English wheel and have been learning it and reading a ton about it. I can't wait to get more practice and see what I can start building using it.

Cowl and roof are coming along nicely.

Not the best picture but love the smaller windshield look. Trying to design everything so have as much visibility as possible but also keeping the chop top look.

Worked on the roof a little today. It is really starting to take shape now and getting excited to get it done!

Awesome build! Love watching the metal work.

I have bee working on the roof a little here and there. Here is where I am at. Starting to have a nice look to it.

[

Now this is a bad ass project.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Sorry for the lack of updates but have been really busy with a lot of projects lately.
      I have been working on this a little here and there. I still need to make the window flanges but the roof is getting closer to being all fabbed up.

I couldn't find and rear gate hinges I liked or that would work correctly for the angles I want so decided to make my own. I need to find time to finish making and welding the brackets up for them but so excited to start getting the rear sheetmetal done.

Slowly between other projects working on this little by little. Here is as far as I was able to get on my gate.

I retired from the collision industry last week and now all my good tools are home to start my fab/art shop. :D

And some other projects I am building. I can't make yard art fast enough for people and the best part is it is all out of scraps from other projects.

Cool build! Looking forward to updates!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Looking forward to more updates!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com