Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New guy with a lot of questions

Hello. New guy here. Just joined the forum for some suspension and frame help. I found the forum while browsing google for 67 dodge d100 photos, and found project cottonmouth. Im pretty good with the search button, so Ill try and not ask a bunch of questions that get asked every week by the new guys.

My car is a 2007 Charger RT with the road and track package. Ive added coil overs, staggered wheels and tires, and drilled and slotted rotors (only because they looked better through the wheels). The projects Ill be asking a bunch of questions on is the 67 Dodge D100 Im working on now, and a 67 Ford F100 I bought from a friend. The Ford is mine, but he is storing it till I get some room. I have a small split level house with a 2 car drive under garage. I also have 2 teenage drivers, so we have cars everywhere. The Charger is my DD.

The 67 d100 was a father son project I bought for my sons first car. He fell in love with it, and we were working on it together. I dont want to depress anyone, or bore anyone else, but he got sick on Thanksgiving day, 2017, and spent 4 months in ICU at Vanderbilt Childrens hospital. His lungs just stopped working. They never found out why. He made it into a lung transplant program at Nationwide Childrens hospital, in Ohio, but was too sick to make the surgery. He passed away march 28th, 2018. He asked me to finish the truck the way we had talked about, so I am. This truck is Isaacs truck, but we will finish it in a way that he would have liked, and drive it in his honor. He was a great kid, a young christian who was one of the most helpful teenagers you could ask for. And he loved classic cars, and trucks with tons of horsepower. Ill start a build thread in a few minutes and try my hand at posting pictures.

Thanks, and sorry to start on a depressing note.

Country Flag: United States
      First, words can't describe how sorry I am for your loss. That's all I can say about that....

Second, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find plenty of help to make Isaak's Truck what he wanted it to be.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      I second Andrews comments, truly sorry about your son ... there are many many great guys here that you'll be able to lean on to get this project completed the way your son would have dreamed of.

Sincerely
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

Welcome to the community.

You are going to find that working on your project is going to be extremely difficult emotionally, but very therapeutic as well. The hurt never goes away, but it gets easier to deal with, in time. I cannot begin imagine your loss. My sincere condolences, and I pray for better days ahead for you.

I'm very new here as well, and I can tell you that you are going to find that this group of people is very willing to help, and will do their level best to steer you straight. Sometimes their advice is a baseball bat to the head, thinly wrapped in padding (LOL), but rest assured that these folks are going to tell you what you need to hear, and not necessarily what you want to hear. A straight up bunch, for sure.

Again, welcome, and post pictures!

Travis

Like the others have said, Welcome! Please consider starting a project thread when you get a chance.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Welcome and sorry about your loss brother... I couldn't imagine loosing my son, you and your family are very strong. Look forward to seeing the build. Like others have said people are willing to help so just ask. Also dont beat yourself up about mistakes because there will be lots of them lol. Just keep moving and it all will work its self out.

So sorry for your loss. I think that it’s awesome that you plan on building like he wanted. Welcome to the site and I look forward to watching your build.

Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com