Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GPRaceWorks View Post
      So since the firewall was so banged up I decided to just replace it instead of trying to patch it. Got the new AMD panel with heater core delete. Test fitting it to the chassis there are a few spots that rub. All easy to fab and fit. This car will have no corners cut and no expense spared to make it perfect.

Attachment 162409

Attachment 162410
      GPRaceWorks,

Great work and build!!

I'm looking for a firewall with the heater delete like you have here. I check with ADM web page and emailed with the above picture and they keep telling it is not theirs. Would you have a part number or a closer picture of the sticker on it you would share?

Thank you.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
      GPRaceWorks,

Great work and build!!

I'm looking for a firewall with the heater delete like you have here. I check with ADM web page and emailed with the above picture and they keep telling it is not theirs. Would you have a part number or a closer picture of the sticker on it you would share?

Thank you.

Tim
      PM Sent

Can you say Push Button..... can't wait to hit it the first time and here the engine fire up!!

Name:  20190425_125111.jpg
Views: 2911
Size:  113.0 KB

Well, the build is going to come to a halt for the next few months while I move and get the new shop built. I found some wheels on Craigslist so I can roll the chassis up under the trailer and move it. I'm out of the country for the rest of this month and when I get back it's going to be hustle time to get moved out and into my new place. I have a feeling it's going to be about four months before I'm able to get started back up on this project.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Such is life & so badly wish I could NOT relate as raw metal gradually rusts while being unattended to.

Be waiting for your comeback though.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Such is life & so badly wish I could NOT relate as raw metal gradually rusts while being unattended to.

Be waiting for your comeback though.
      So true. I'm going to spray it down with fast etch and check it often. I'll post garage build pictures as I go also.

mine is finally back at the body shop. Soooo ready

Fast progress!!!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Been a few months

Well, I'm anxious to get moving on the rest of the build. As you know I have a new garage going up. Just got the slab done last week and framing materials will be here Thursday!! Being 1 mile off the Atlantic ocean and having been through 2 hurricanes in the past 4 years, I'm going to build this shop like a boom shelter.

The slab is 6" thick on 24x24 footings, and is 4000psi with fiber, wire mesh, and rebar reenforcement. Overkill, I know..…...

The walls will all be 2x6 and 2x8 with a 1/2" and 5/8" Zip wall and Zip roof sheathing, bolted to the slab. I plan on a complete closed cell spray foam to make it rock solid.

I will update it as I go. Can't wait to get the Camaro in there and finish it!

Name:  41507.jpeg
Views: 2337
Size:  125.2 KB

Name:  20190726_192606.jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  335.1 KB

It's going to be sweet!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

If you're interested in a dipstick i purchased one from a guy that makes them for the 8l90, i got It hoping i could Make it work for my 10l80 but it does not have the same hole as the 8l90s in the housing. I believe B&M makes a hose version rather than hard tubing, other than that i have Not seen any others. Here’s a link to the dipstick, i can Sell it for a little cheaper if you’re interested.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/8L90-8-Spee...4AAOSwux5YUbzR

Quote Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro View Post
      If you're interested in a dipstick i purchased one from a guy that makes them for the 8l90, i got It hoping i could Make it work for my 10l80 but it does not have the same hole as the 8l90s in the housing. I believe B&M makes a hose version rather than hard tubing, other than that i have Not seen any others. Here’s a link to the dipstick, i can Sell it for a little cheaper if you’re interested.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/8L90-8-Spee...4AAOSwux5YUbzR
      I have the B&M flexible one already. Thanks

Thanks!

Original frame is solid. Anyone need a stock front subframe? PM me. $200 + shippingAttachment 160901
      Is the subframe still available?

Quote Originally Posted by 1967SS12437 View Post
      Is the subframe still available?
      Sorry for the late reply. The subframe is sold.

So it's been a while since I've posted. I'm about 45 days away from finishing the Shop. Can't wait to get the Rage Camaro project back on track. Spray foam is done and passed. Drywall will be finished Monday and I'll be ready for the metal walls on the rest of the interior. I'm finishing the siding in the next 3-4 days. End of march is my target, but April is probably more realistic.

Has anyone done white epoxy floors? I'm looking at the ArmorPoxy 3 layer Ultra system. About 25mils thick.

Nice looking shop.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I used armourseal from sherwin Williams however I don't think you're able to lay epoxy on fresh concrete, I think it's recommended to wait at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      I used armourseal from sherwin Williams however I don't think you're able to lay epoxy on fresh concrete, I think it's recommended to wait at least a year.
      30 days and it needs to be either shot blasted or ground down.

Also, there is a air nation guard base in NC that has white floors that look amazing and very hard to keep clean.
      Instagram: CamaroAJ

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroAJ View Post
      30 days and it needs to be either shot blasted or ground down.

Also, there is a air nation guard base in NC that has white floors that look amazing and very hard to keep clean.
      The slab was poured in August 2019 (almost 6 months ago). Be 7 months once I get around to the Epoxy.

I'm worried about the White. I may go Lt gray.....

The slab was poured in August 2019 (almost 6 months ago). Be 7 months once I get around to the Epoxy.

I'm worried about the White. I may go Lt gray.....
      The floors in the Chevy dealer I work at are Lt gray. I think this shop is around 5 years old if I remember right and I have no idea of what brand it is. It's holding up very well and cleans up pretty easy and no stains if you clean up oil within a few hours. I will say that if you leave a tire on its side it will leave a brown ring that doesn't come off. I think the tire shine had something to do with it, but it wasn't my stall or a car I was working on so I can't say for sure.

Keep in mind that epoxy unless it specifically states isn't UV resistant and will yellow and fade in sunlight. Polyaspartics (sp?) are stronger than epoxy and are UV stable, but also cost more.
      Instagram: CamaroAJ

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com