Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      The setup is nice but I agree, a little instruction would be good.

I called last week about the spacer between the support and frame and it depends on how your fenders line up. Jim(autorad) said to mount the support to the fenders and adjust your gap to the door and see if you need the spacer.

The radiator will need to go on after you mount the hood latch center support because there is no access to hold the allen head screw to tighten the nut for the support. Just a assembly/sequencing issue.

Also mine came with the intercooler fittings on the passenger side which would require longer hoses across the front. I sent it back and they relocated them to the driver side to minimize hose length and potentially added fittings.

Looking forward to seeing your build continue!

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Awesome! Looks great, mine should be here in 2 weeks. Jim was awesome to deal with.

Thanks for posting!
      When I called today, they said they are not taking anymore orders until 2021. They are completely booked for this year.

Country Flag: United States
      Wow that's crazy. Good for them. If it comes when it's supposed to, that'll put it right at the 10 week mark, which is what they told me when I placed my order. I even had them build me a custom shroud with the fans I wanted.

I got mine plain as I'm anticipating making a few tweaks here and there and will just have it powder coated locally when ready.

Wait until you try to install the hood latch. It likely won’t fit. I’ve got one in my shop and the latch won’t fit between the header panel and core support. A little checking against an original core support revealed it is dimensionally different by a significant amount. What a pain....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Wait until you try to install the hood latch. It likely won’t fit. I’ve got one in my shop and the latch won’t fit between the header panel and core support. A little checking against an original core support revealed it is dimensionally different by a significant amount. What a pain....

Don
      That stinks if the factory setup doesn't fit.
      I'm going to fabricate my own on my CNC plasma table. I plan on making these custom fabricated items for guys that run into problems and need a solution. My plasma table arrives mid July. I'll keep you posted on the latch fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRaceWorks View Post
      That stinks if the factory setup doesn't fit.
      I'm going to fabricate my own on my CNC plasma table. I plan on making these custom fabricated items for guys that run into problems and need a solution. My plasma table arrives mid July. I'll keep you posted on the latch fabrication.

Keep us posted. Sounds like I'll be in the same boat.

Did you get the closeout panels too?

Quote Originally Posted by GPRaceWorks View Post
      Ordered the SPEC chassis about 23 weeks ago and it should be going into production and final assembly this week according to Phil over at Roadster Shop.
      It is set up with custom motor mounts for the Gen 5 LT4 and 8L90E 8 8 speed transmission. I went with the wet sump version but putting on the Holly oil pan.
      Attachment 160896

I may try the Fast Track chassis on the next build with the IRS, but want to see how this goes first.
      23 weeks ago is a typo right?
      I just ordered mine last week and they said 8 to 12 weeks!!!
      Great build btw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Keep us posted. Sounds like I'll be in the same boat.

Did you get the closeout panels too?
      Yes I got the closeout panels also. I'm anxious to get this thing together. My CNC plasma table should arrive in about 2-3 weeks. Once I get it assembled I can start the custom metal work and finish this build.

Well, I got some panels on the passenger side to start checking fitment. Its not horrible, but like all these older cars and new panels there lots of fine tuning to do.

Attached Images Attached Images  

What a great build and resource. Did you have to mod the tunnel for the 8L90 to fit? Really awesome work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
      What a great build and resource. Did you have to mod the tunnel for the 8L90 to fit? Really awesome work!!
      I was wondering the same thing incase I go with an 8L90 in mine.

Well its been a minute since I've posted. Having moved, built a new shop, sold a company, and starting a new one this took a back seat for a bit.

I'm happy to report that starting in a few weeks i will be posting regular updates as this build will be in full swing once again.

Great! Congrats on all the new thing going on for you, I'll be watching for your updates.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Well making lots of progress on the 69 Rage Camaro. Replaced the roof skin, 1/4's, floor, trunk lid, doors, pretty much everything.

Next step it to do the panel and door alignment fine tuning.

What kind of shifter options have you found for the trans? I am struggling to find anything for the 8L90E. Anybody out there have some suggestions?

I'm using the PCS floor shifter and Paddle shifter setup.

https://paceperformance.com/i-238703...t-control.html

Finishing up the last of the body fitment, but thought I would share some of the details of what you can't see. Every part was removed and replaced or repaired then epoxy primer was applied.

Hood vents installed. Positioned over the headers to pull heat out of the engine bay to keep the LT4 Supercharger as cool as possible.

Nice work! Too bad GM didn't build them like you are, all we would have to worry about would be is picking a new color. lol Nice!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com